DCS Marsden Farp

SUNTSAG

From my understanding, tiny variations in the ground of less than a couple degrees are enough to make the mats act strangely. Many airfields have such unevenness and you don't even know it. Therefore hypothetically, it must be possible to make the mats fit to the ground and work perfectly.

The problem is, DCS has no method of creating such objects as would adapt themselves to the ground.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Sloping sides were considered and rejected for the following reasons:

1. We wanted a realistic mat and to push the bounds of what was not available currently in DCS.

2. Designed predominantly for use with the AV8B Harrier, for in the field arming and refueling.

3. As already mentioned undercarriage limitations of fixed wing aircraft within DCS.

4. It was designed to be able to build and join segments of mat to create STOL runways and taxiways in the field.

Despite the nay sayers it does function quite well. (See below)..... Its not perfect but it functions as intended.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The simple fact is, that this is all you can have. ED don't even go here and won't talk about it.

I tried every angle on a sloping items and it's not till you get quite a 45 degree angle with a decent underbelly, that a 3D object will sit inside the terrain and just peek out, it's simply doesn't work because objects are automatically aligned as if they were a box.

You can see this works with the blocks of towers on hillsides, the object is brought above the ground against some sort of algorithm that keeps their bottom and sides embedded. When the same code tries a flat object It can't deal with it.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 3 months later...

... Despite the nay sayers it does function quite well...... Its not perfect but it functions as intended.

Indeed :) .. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for all the items you have provided to the community ... I've used a lot of them on my missions ... on this particular case, the Marsden has been very useful to me when fleshing up the smaller airfields at Nevada:

Qg8NFDM.jpg

DGF2UEq.jpg

mifydZF.jpg

SpLzNo3.jpg

So, kudos to you and please keep working on your Mods, despite the nay sayers :)

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...
I just found this how would you make it so F-18 can refuel along a road for forward deploment

I would start by reading the instructions on the 1st post, and also this one: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3714885&postcount=46

The next step would be to install the mod and use one of the provided templates to do a quick test with the aircraft you want (F-18 )

If the test is sucessful, than I would use the Mod on a real mission.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...

So I was trying this nice mod and encountered the floating pad problem. (Thanks by the awesome mod by the way!)

Not really understanding how stuff works I started messing around and found something in the db_FARP_objects.lua

Not knowing what f.positioning is or does, I commented out the line

--positioning = f.positioning or "BYNORMAL" --available: {"BYNORMAL", "ONLYHEIGTH", "BY_XZ", "ADD_HEIGTH"}

and added

positioning = "BYNORMAL"

Now the pads are always flat on the ground.

I suggest those that have the floating pad issue give it a try.

floating.thumb.png.45c31fda18d059f5fba2e615fdd2b679.png

flat.thumb.png.4dcd80de2b586821277add407d7808f7.png

So I was trying this nice mod and encountered the floating pad problem. (Thanks by the awesome mod by the way!)

Not really understanding how stuff works I started messing around and found something in the db_FARP_objects.lua

--positioning = f.positioning or "BYNORMAL" --available: {"BYNORMAL", "ONLYHEIGTH", "BY_XZ", "ADD_HEIGTH"}

and added

positioning = "BYNORMAL"

Nice!

Trying that out with some other helipad mods.

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

Hi, I have tried to install it, but doesn't work ( dcs 2.5.5) open beta, can someone exsplain me how to instal into savegame folder?

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Yes SUNSTANG, let be the among the many to thank you and curse you at the same time, I can use it offline, yet no online server uses it :)!

I dunno, unlike the various AC mods that need a license this is something ED could, and should put in the official game.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi, I have tried to install it, but doesn't work ( dcs 2.5.5) open beta, can someone exsplain me how to instal into savegame folder?

- Create directory 'C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS{.openbeta}\Mods\tech'.

- Copy the 'WWII MarstonMat' folder out of the downloaded archive into '..\Mods\tech'.

For the camouflage netting, copy the Liveries folder into which ever Liveries folder you use for customer liveries.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

- Create directory 'C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS{.openbeta}\Mods\tech'.

- Copy the 'WWII MarstonMat' folder out of the downloaded archive into '..\Mods\tech'.

For the camouflage netting, copy the Liveries folder into which ever Liveries folder you use for customer liveries.

Thank will try

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

Thank Captain Orso, now work I ahve done :

1 I have made folder named Mods\Tech and I have put into the WWII MarstonMat.

2 I have put the two STM into a folder named StaticTemplate

3 i have paste those folder into savegame…

4 I have copy into in my default liveries folder the file FieldHL and HARRIERH

where I put the static template for Persian gulf and desert option ?

Thank in advance

Hi. mannedtower its the same like the watch tower by default all brown what is for?

Thank Captain Orso, now work I ahve done :

1 I have made folder named Mods\Tech and I have put into the WWII MarstonMat.

2 I have put the two STM into a folder named StaticTemplate

3 i have paste those folder into savegame…

4 I have copy into in my default liveries folder the file FieldHL and HARRIERH

where I put the static template for Persian gulf and desert option ?

Thank in advance

Yup, good catch. The 'StaticTemplate' folder should go directly into the '..\Saved Games\DCS{.openbeta}' folder. I've tested it. If it just gets copied along with the 'WWII MarstonMat' folder, the template files won't be found.

IIRC the position got changed by ED about 2 years ago, about the same time they added their own SAM site templates. That's why it doesn't work straight out of the downloaded file.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

and added

positioning = "BYNORMAL"

Nice finding ! :thumbup:

Could just show how the modified lines in the LUA file look like please ?

The file is:

db_FARP_objects.lua

the original line was:

positioning = f.positioning or "BYNORMAL" --available: {"BYNORMAL", "ONLYHEIGTH", "BY_XZ", "ADD_HEIGTH"}

I added the -- in fron of it so now it is:

then I added the following in a new line:

positioning = "BYNORMAL"

The same result could be achieved by just deleting the "f.positioning or" bit, but this way it is easier to reverse if unhappy with results.

The file is:

db_FARP_objects.lua

the original line was:

positioning = f.positioning or "BYNORMAL" --available: {"BYNORMAL", "ONLYHEIGTH", "BY_XZ", "ADD_HEIGTH"}

I added the -- in fron of it so now it is:

then I added the following in a new line:

positioning = "BYNORMAL"

The same result could be achieved by just deleting the "f.positioning or" bit, but this way it is easier to reverse if unhappy with results.

Hi, I have tryed to delect " f.positioning or " but notthing, its the same, I will try to ad the new line.

Can someone esxplain me what is the manedtower ? for my it is egual to watch tower by default all brown skin.

This is how the first part of the \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\WWII MarstonMat\Database\db_FARP_objects.lua looks like to me:

file = f.ShapeName,

life = f.Life,

username = f.Name,

desrt = f.ShapeNameDestr or "self",

classname = f.classname or "lLandVehicle",

positioning = "BYNORMAL"

Thank dolfo, let you know if work fine.

This is how the first part of the \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\WWII MarstonMat\Database\db_FARP_objects.lua looks like to me:

file = f.ShapeName,

life = f.Life,

username = f.Name,

desrt = f.ShapeNameDestr or "self",

classname = f.classname or "lLandVehicle",

positioning = "BYNORMAL"

yessss, the foating pad problem seems selved