Strange stripe in Cockpit

Schlapperklange

What is this line? I had this already before the new FM. I'm a FC3 owner.

I can't get rid of it.:helpsmilie:

Screen_181017_181254.png

Screen_181017_181254.thumb.png.fd89cca4dee0e8dbb55b01391764c235.png

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM (3200 MHz) | RTX-2080s | SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

Do you have any mods active?

Have you tried cleaning & repairing the installation?

No mods. Have'nt tried a repair yet. I hoped to find another simple solution first.

-

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

What about that english HUD and HDD?

I repaired now. No difference. FC3 settings all on default.

-

C:\users\<username>\saved games\dcs open beta\mods\aircraft...

Do you have some files there?

My folders are

...saved games\dcs.openalpha\ (not used anymore)

and

...\saved games\dcs\

In both there is only a ...\mods\tech folder from Tacview

-

What about that english HUD and HDD?

EN HUD is not a mod. It's an option in OPTIONS page / Avionics Lang option.

He has no cockpit mod. Actually a cockpit mod won't do that.

If I'm not wrong there're other users who have this bug in another aircraft.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

EN HUD is not a mod. It's an option in OPTIONS page / Avionics Lang option.

He has no cockpit mod. Actually a cockpit mod won't do that.

If I'm not wrong there're other users who have this bug in another aircraft.

Yes, my mistake, now I know.

But the reason I ask for mods/files is that I have read about this exact artifact before and this was due to some mods or left-over files from them. I cannot find it now.

I would suggest cleanup, removing the module and reainstalling it again but it can still persist as it can be world related not the module itself.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Yes, my mistake, now I know.

But the reason I ask for mods/files is that I have read about this exact artifact before and this was due to some mods or left-over files from them. I cannot find it now.

I would suggest cleanup, removing the module and reainstalling it again but it can still persist as it can be world related not the module itself.

I uninstalled FC3 and reinstalled it again, but still no joy :cry:

-

Thanks for the tries to help me, but has nobody a working idea about how to eliminate this stupid line?

It makes the Mig-29 unenjoyable for me!

-

Try this - go into your \Saved Games\Config folder - make a copy/backup of your 'Views' folder and then delete the original. When you restart DCS it should rebuild the folder and files to their original states.

Now hop into the 29 and see if the 'stripe' is gone. If it's gone then you know, approximately, where the problem lies - then it's just a case of narrowing down further.

When all fails make a copy of \Saved Games\DCS World first, then uninstall DCS and remove all remaining files in \Program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World and \Saved Games\DCS World. Start from there with clean DCS installation, install FC3 and check Mig before restoring anything from a backup.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Try this - go into your \Saved Games\Config folder - make a copy/backup of your 'Views' folder and then delete the original. When you restart DCS it should rebuild the folder and files to their original states.

Now hop into the 29 and see if the 'stripe' is gone. If it's gone then you know, approximately, where the problem lies - then it's just a case of narrowing down further.

That did it! Thanks guys!

The files in the views folder were pretty old, from 2014. Don't know why they aren't updated in the update progress automatically, especially with the release of 2.5... ?

Meet you in the sky. Watch your six!

-

The files in the views folder were pretty old, from 2014. Don't know why they aren't updated in the update progress automatically, especially with the release of 2.5... ?

Told ya it was your files corrupting things :) Glad you worked it out.

The update process don't (usually) mess with the user files in Saved Games folder. It was advised to make a new, clean profile after 1.5>2.5 update.