Is the Mig-29 going to be released for sale on steam?

fergrim

I bought the Su-27, F-15 and Su-33 all as separate packages and I've been waiting for the Mig-29 FM update to do the same for it also. As i'm sure you can tell, at this point in time buying the entire Flaming Cliff's pack would be a huge waste of money for me since you get no discount for content already owned, I'd be wasting a huge amount of money to buy FC in its entirety now so the Mig-29's availability is really key for me.

I see the 29 standalone for sale here on DCS's website, but steam still has the same old list it's always had.

Is there some standard amount of delay that I should expect or am I like the only one who doesn't know it'll never come to steam?

My family usually gives me steam gift cards as a gift so I'm sitting on more than enough in my steam wallet just dying to finally be able to buy this damn thing.

Edited by fergrim

of course its to promote dcs more, but players should be aware that ed distinctly encourages you to buy directly.

and you should, so that more of your money goes to deserving sim developers instead of guys who have nothing to do but push inane ui updates.

If I had an option now, I'd be asking which I should get it on, not just hoping it's released for steam.

And honestly, ED would probably see much more money if they focused on steam as a primary release platform because the steam client gets more traffic than their website ever will.

That said, I'd bounced back and forth between the two, but it comes down to slightly more frequent steam sales and the fact that literally every other game I own comes through steam. It's just more convenient.

On top of that, I have a vive, which is integrated with steam.

Even still, I'd switch it to direct, but I already have around six modules that I purchased all through steam.

So now apparently i'm stuck forever. It makes no sense to me the way games are segregated based on original purchase platform.

Interchangeable parts revolutionized manufacturing like what, two centuries ago? Yet software still doesn't have the concept down.

I'm correct, though, right? I couldn't transfer my DCS/modules to the standalone version if I wanted to, right? I bought the viggen, harrier, A-10, Black Shark along with the FC odds and ends, oh yeah, and the Mirage too all through steam already.

Maybe I'm still forgetting one in there, but given I already purchased all of those through steam, I think I'm stuck with steam now.

It just seems to me if they are going to go through the effort of releasing on steam at all, no other company has a hard time keeping parity between their direct sales efforts and their steam ones. Just especially since regardless of the in principle superiority of direct, more customers will interact with them through steam than will happen across the site.

And thanks, I guess I'll just wait and hope my small gaming budget is still available by the time they finish uploading the steam one. As my developer buddy has explained to me, uploading a new DLC option to a steam game's homepage takes as long as it takes to write the description and to upload it to steam; so I guess it's hard to understand what the delay could even consist of besides purposeful delay.

And if the purpose of that delay is to drive people to this website then it makes no sense because there's a non-shrinking number of people who own it through steam already and have bought modules already, so that they will never be able to switch, regardless of how poorly we're treated. Since I can't sacrifice the purchases I've already made, I'm forced to accept worse treatment or just give up on pursuing more dcs modules, which i'd hate to do.

But before the philosophy degree totally takes over and I'm lost completely to the realm of the hypothetical, I guess I'll just get to waiting and hoping it's not too long...

Thanks again for the responses and excuse the gripe.

Edited by fergrim

Even still, I'd switch it to direct, but I already have around six modules that I purchased all through steam.

So now apparently i'm stuck forever. It makes no sense to me the way games are segregated based on original purchase platform.

When did you buy them? There was some cutoff period after which the new Steam keys were not compatible with the 'regular' DCSW installation, but if you've bought them before, they're in the system apparently.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=187395

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Maybe I'm still forgetting one in there, but given I already purchased all of those through steam, I think I'm stuck with steam now.

**EFFECTIVE 05/12/2017, STARTING w/ DCS:M2000C and Newer, Modules will no Longer Use Starforce and Will Use Steam's DRM, There fore these Modules Cannot be Purchased and Used with the Eagle Dynamics Distribution**

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113587

So many of your modules won't work with ED's distribution.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Waiting for a Steam release too :)

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

It´s done heheheh

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle