About Mig-29 PFM control.

lhytw

The throttle, airspeed, rudder, and handling of the Mig-29 PFM are not easy to fly, especially when the machine gun Dogfight.

This is the problem I have encountered.

Welcome to the MiG-29 bud :)

It's not an effortless plane to fly like the F-15. Make sure your flight stick is set up well, appropriate dead zones etc. to prevent 'stray' control inputs when you don't want them.

Fly it until you get the hang of it. It's a "raw" aircraft without too many electronic control assists. There's the autopilot damper, and that's pretty much it!

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

The aircraft is challenging to fly but you really feel in control, much more like a WWII warbird than some of the other stuff we have. Actually, with the automatically deploying slats it kind of feels like a Bf 109 on speed. It's only my second DCS plane (first was Su-33) but it feels very raw and exhilarating, I really like it!

For stick curves, 15 on pitch and yaw just to give me a bit more accuracy for landing and that was all I needed.

Maybe my expectations are low but I have TWCS and haven't done anything to the throttle axis. I just move it and watch the lights for AB. If anything, the gap helps a lot because I don't have to squint at the tachometer to make sure I'm at military power when I need to make quick throttle changes in combat.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

I had to drastically alter the throttle curve to a user profile, just about got it dialled in how I like it now though and a bit of tweaking X and Y curves like you mentioned and the rudder and its getting there now , so def needs a bit of tweaking but I just managed 2 text book landings in a row and a loop right after lift off:thumbup:

Maybe my expectations are low but I have TWCS and haven't done anything to the throttle axis. I just move it and watch the lights for AB.

It depends on the specific Hotas that one has .. mine has two detents that produce an audible click when the lever goes over them, so it made sense to adjust the throttle curve so that the AB lits just when the throttle is at the forward detent :) ... this way, I dont have to take off my eyes from the HUD and can hear when the AB starts to operate.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It depends on the specific Hotas that one has .. mine has two detents that produce an audible click when the lever goes over them, so it made sense to adjust the throttle curve so that the AB lits just when the throttle is at the forward detent :) ... this way, I dont have to take off my eyes from the HUD and can hear when the AB starts to operate.

Yes, actually I can imagine if your throttle has physical detents then it would be maddening if they were in the wrong place. Mine has none but quite a long travel, and in VR muscle memory only gets you so far, so it's nice to have a wide zone where I know I'm in mil power but not AB.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

TWCS here too, still the mig-29 AB start WAY before any other plane in DCS which make muscle memory very wrong

You can Tune the throttle curve .. mine came out looking like this, and the AB begins to lit at about 70% of throttle travel:

G4tLV6r.jpg

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB