VR enthusiast squadrons?

Kirin

Greetings aces.

Are there any virtual squadrons that put their main focus on flying in VR? I always found it frustrating being the only VR user while flying together as procedures were based around the regular 2D screen users. Flying in VR has some quirks like not being able to easily access programs outside of DCS while in the headset and different requirements for spotting in game etc.

So it would be great to take the skies with fellow pilots that share the glory and the pain of current year VR flying.

I am usually available GMT +1 evenings or weekends. It would be great to hear back from enthusiasts.

Kirin out

I’m interested, for one thing, I’m conscious of my inability to identify aircraft whilst in VR.

I’ve recently been building building up a training server, focused towards VR use, though I’m only running it when online myself.

If you’re interested in swapping thoughts, let me know.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Sounds awesome. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

sounds like a great idea, VR only squadron.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

We all fly VR bar one person. It's always a mixed bag out there, you find a lot of people do though, but there's no reason to kick friends out because they can't afford the hardware! So mixed it will remain.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Nice. I did not expect that much echo. I do not want to exclude anyone - I myself have friends that don't have access to VR. I just want a group of people that run missions and servers that cater to the special needs of VR pilots as we are not up to par with the screen pilots yet.

Let's get that thing rolling, gentlemen.

I have no experience in server setups or missions. I will gladly help with what I can.

Kirin out

I believe there are only 3 in our wing that do not fly VR; the rest are all VR.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

We all fly VR bar one person. It's always a mixed bag out there, you find a lot of people do though, but there's no reason to kick friends out because they can't afford the hardware! So mixed it will remain.

+1

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I used to run a server with 3 of us flying in VR when we were on 1.5 - 2.5 brought its own set of new problems and I've not run it since.

I do still have it set up for 1.5 on my second PC, which I could update to 2.5, but as I've not run that yet, I'm likely to run into issues. I also have no experience with the IC and I use - as I suspect many others do, Kegetys' VR optimising mod, which fails the IC. So whoever runs it, IC should be disabled, if possible.

Otherwise I would be happy to run it every evening (zulu/GMT) for a few hours.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2