EWR Sites & AWACS

TechRoss

Hi Guys

Been working on a couple missions on the PG map and added a lot of RL SAM Sites.

Now in flight, when you call up AWACS, there are a ton of entries for the EWR sites. A lot of them fall under Axman as that was the call sign assigned but a lot just show up as EWR ####.

Is it possible to have these operational but not show up in the AWACS comms menu?

I was also trying to figure out how to prevent the AWACS from calling out targets until I actually wanted to know they were there. Obviously I could just not tune into the AWACS freq but I tune to that as soon as I am wheels up most time and assume others would do the same. Getting BRA info to soon might pull somebody off the flight path.

Thanks,

Ross

Delete the "EWR" advanced waypoint action and they'll still run and detect targets to be displayed on the F10 map (if Fog of War is enabled) but won't appear in the comm menu.

Similarly, delete the AWACS advanced waypoint action for your E2/E3 and instead add it in triggered actions, then use an AI TASK PUSH trigger when you want him to start calling targets.

Wait...EWR sites will call out target like an AWACS?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Yes. Even adds it to the AWACS menu, though it is displayed as a unit type and I don't think they have any callsigns.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Delete the "EWR" advanced waypoint action and they'll still run and detect targets to be displayed on the F10 map (if Fog of War is enabled) but won't appear in the comm menu.

Similarly, delete the AWACS advanced waypoint action for your E2/E3 and instead add it in triggered actions, then use an AI TASK PUSH trigger when you want him to start calling targets.

Thanks a mill, glad to know they will still work with that action gone.

Will sort this asap.

Thanks

• Like 1