Only view controls?

Ice_Pick

Hello,

I just installed DCS a10c v1.1.0.9 on my pc and activated it. Then I set up some HOTAS controls and went to the startup training mission. I followed all instructions to the letter but when it said to start the left engine W/ right alt+home but that didn't do anything. So I wnt back to the controls and setup F11 & F12 to do the manual ignition switches above the APU, I then tried again to start the aircraft and that again didn't work, so I again went to the settings and all it showed were the view controls it is in a10c sim controls and set to all so I don't know what to do with either the controls or the engines.

Please help,

J

DCS A10C / DCS Black Shark /DCS F-14/Persian Gulf map/ Nevada/huey/gazelle/f18/f16/ajs37/harrier/A-4

16gb 2400 RAM / Ryzen 5 3600 / ROG Strix RX 570 /750W thermaltake PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which version of DCS are you using and is it stable or Openbeta?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

It is a stable disc and version is on the previous post.

J

DCS A10C / DCS Black Shark /DCS F-14/Persian Gulf map/ Nevada/huey/gazelle/f18/f16/ajs37/harrier/A-4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry - I can't help with control bindings for that version as it predates my time with DCS - might be worth upgrading DCS to either the 1.5 or 2.5 stable versions on the DCS website (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/) since these are the only ones now supported

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I followed all instructions to the letter but when it said to start the left engine W/ right alt+home but that didn't do anything. So I wnt back to the controls and setup F11 & F12 to do the manual ignition switches above the APU [...]

For a normal startup, you really don't need to touch the ENG OPER switches (other than making sure they're in the center NORM position). I'm certain they're not related to your problem.

Did you double check that your throttle was in Idle prior to engine start?

Unfortunately, it will be almost impossible to find out if there was an actual startup problem in your version. If you get lucky, you might find some info in really old posts in this forum. But as I remember it, almost all engine startup problems were related to one or several of these:

- APU was not yet at 100%

- in-game throttle was not in the OFF position

- physical throttle was not in the idle (= lowest possible) position

- physical throttle was spiking (setting up a deadzone might help)

- fuel boost pumps not on (when starting right engine first)

- starting second engine before "ENG START CYCLE" caution light was off

[...] so I again went to the settings and all it showed were the view controls it is in a10c sim controls and set to all [...]

In settings, you could only see the "View" controls, but not all the rest? Have you tried to restart DCS?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling then restarting my computer and that doesn't work. and In the tutorial, I had the throttle at o and I only messed with those switches because right alt+home wasn't working.

Thanks,

J

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

would It help If I posted a video of my issues? (wouldn't be able to post until 4ish.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

would It help If I posted a video of my issues? (wouldn't be able to post until 4ish.

Yes!

Normally I'd ask for a track rather than a video, but playback between versions is very unreliable (if not outright impossible), so a video would certainly be of help!

options view starts 10sec in same options as if I selected free camera options

startup 7 min long tried r alt+home a few times before trying switch start(which doesnt work)Hotas will not bind for axis due to previous

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've gotten the controls to fix but a still having trouble with startup. should the ingame throttle be able to move before engine start because mine isn't please help!

thanks

j

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got it fixed dont know how but it fixed itself

thanks everyone for your help

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]