JHMCS, in our hornet? And general info

Rhinozherous

Hello!

I searched a bit around the internet about the "Joint Helmet

-Mounted Cueing System".

First, do we have it, or get it in the future in our hornet?

As far as I found out, it works as a "HUD inside helmet visor"... Did I get it right? Anyone with info material about this tech or is it too much top secret?

Thanks!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Does this work in VR? I cannot see anything when turning the knob

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Rhino - in answering your 1st question, In the "real" world JHMCS works along very similar lines to the VR headsets/ TrackIR in the PC world. In the Hornet cockpit, on the left rear of the canopy is a mounting (about the size of a GoPro camera) that is effectively using (magnetic I think) measurements of the pilots helmet to measure alignment. Inside the visor is projected the data similar to the heads Up Display.

From my understanding it'll just be visible in one eye right?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

It should work with VR and I assume it will be on Beta this Wednesday (or Friday) since this is the last Wednesday for Beta updates. The 31st should be Live's update if they are still on the recent schedule.

Source? I know Wags has said by the end of month, but he's made no guarantees as to what's in tomorrow's patch.

Well, if you guys understands Wags the same way I do then we should get JHMCS, Maverick (E), FPAS and antenna logic fixed in todays OB patch (which will be the last in this month):

As mentioned in a recent newsletter, we are pushing hard for JHMCS with AIM-9X support, Maverick, FPAS page, and corrected A/A antenna logic after undesignated button lock release. All is looking good, but the AGM-65F and G versions will unfortunately not be ready until next month.

The sentence highlighted in bold tells me that only AGM-65F and G version won't come this month - and in turn the other mentioned items will!

I am not sure we always got a video from Wags in the past explaining the new stuff before the release of a new functionality or system in an OB update. At least I would not complete rule out that JHMCS will be in todays patch just because there has been no video (as of yet...).

But in a few hours time all the speculation will come to an end...:music_whistling:

when the f18 will be complete it will have the most sophisticated airplane in DCS !! +1

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Here’s a question. We’ve seen the demo of the jchms being used in an A2A mode. Will the version we’re getting eventually link up to the ATFLIR for designation of ground targets?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

What means "corrected A/A antena logic..."

Isnt it corrected now?

And what is that FPAS page?

I think with antenna logic they're talking about the B Sweep getting stuck on one side of the radar, FPAS is a page that gives you your range with current speed/fuel and gives you advice on what the best speed/altitude to fly at would be to get maximum range (among other stuff).

It has not been added on today's patch :(, so we will have to wait probably to next week or beginning of November.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3666859&postcount=102

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440