Emergency system for aircraft carriers

Xilon_x

on the carriers in DCS the emergency system is missing its name is ............

These barricade and barrier systems are only used for emergency arrestments for aircraft without operable tailhooks.

I know that there is also an emergency stop system on the airports.

un-aria-anti-sommergibile-squadron-29-vs-29-s-3a-viking-aeromobile-si-avvicina-il-crash-barricata-mentre-si-effettua-un-atterraggio-di-emergenza-a-bordo-dellenergia-nucleare-portaerei-uss-abraham-lincoln-cvn-72-il-velivolo-non-e-stato-in-grado-di-fare-una-normale-arrestato-il-ripristino-a-causa-di-danni-al-carrello-di-atterraggio-seconda-vista-in-una-serie-di-dieci-us-navy-dn-sc-93-04868-s-3a-viking-atterraggio-di-emergenza-uss-abraham-lincoln-cvn-72-hfxjcj.jpg

un-aria-anti-sommergibile-squadron-29-vs-29-s-3a-viking-aeromobile-si-avvicina-il-crash-barricata-mentre-si-effettua-un-atterraggio-di-emergenza-a-bordo-dellenergia-nucleare-portaerei-uss-abraham-lincoln-cvn-72-il-velivolo-non-e-stato-in-grado-di-fare-una-normale-arrestato-il-ripristino-a-causa-di-danni-al-carrello-di-atterraggio-terza-vista-in-una-serie-di-dieci-us-navy-dn-sc-93-04869-s-3a-viking-atterraggio-di-emergenza-uss-abraham-lincoln-cvn-72-hfxjd2.jpg

un-air-anti-squadriglia-sommergibili-29-vs-29-s-3a-viking-aeromobile-e-arrestato-dal-crash-barricate-e-un-filo-di-arresto-sul-ponte-di-volo-dellenergia-nucleare-portaerei-uss-abraham-lincoln-cvn-72-il-velivolo-non-e-stato-in-grado-di-fare-una-normale-arrestato-il-ripristino-a-causa-di-danni-al-carrello-di-atterraggio-nona-vista-in-una-serie-di-dieci-us-navy-dn-sc-93-04875-s-3a-viking-atterraggio-di-emergenza-uss-abraham-lincoln-cvn-72-hfxjfg.jpg

Edited by Xilon_x
  • Like 1

...but arguably not as important in DCS , wherein carriers necessarily operate close to land bases .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

...but arguably not as important in DCS , wherein carriers necessarily operate close to land bases .

when you have to make an emergency landing for the landing gear malfunction or for the tail hook, then prepare your parachute and your raft, as there are not even those, then prepare for your safe death.

Which, in theory, could all be hostile. It would be nice though, it enables you to land any plane on the carrier. :D

This would probably be what it would mostly be used for a while since there are not that many available aircraft capable of landing on carriers yet. Although the Viggen might be able to do without it using the thrust reverser.

I tell you that in any case the barrier goes into action if you call ATC EMERGENCY a real aircraft carrier does not put the barrier to land a VIGGEN or another plane that does not qualify to be boarded. the barrier then certainly does not ensure the 'integrity' of the aircraft as the aircraft will surely be damaged after landing

I tell you that in any case the barrier goes into action if you call ATC EMERGENCY a real aircraft carrier does not put the barrier to land a VIGGEN or another plane that does not qualify to be boarded. the barrier then certainly does not ensure the 'integrity' of the aircraft as the aircraft will surely be damaged after landing

I was just saying that the Viggen is the only non Naval jet capable of landing on aircraft carriers with out the use of a barrier. If I am flying a Viggen that is low on fuel and my nearest refuel destination is a carrier I have nothing to loose by attempting to land on it than having to eject.

Here is one of many videos on youtube of a Viggen that successfully landed on a carrier.

No offense to anyone here, as first, but on my little own I agree on all above. That's just the real correct procedure I recall after having read it.

Wise considerations about risky landings at hostile airbases in the nearby of carriers' operative areas, as correctly presumed, included.

So my personal advise is: it would be worth to be implemented

because it's realistic.

With best regards,

No offense to anyone here, as first, but on my little own I agree on all above. That's just the real correct procedure I recall after having read it.

Wise considerations about risky landings at hostile airbases in the nearby of carriers' operative areas, as correctly presumed, included.

So my personal advise is: it would be worth to be implemented

because it's realistic.

With best regards,

thank you very much for your help and support but I think people here think they are playing a video game and not a simulator.