leak the lockon code!!!

Flight simulator market is already small enough that I doubt ED is making huge profit like EA or Blizzard. Look at what happened to Papyrus, Microprose, Jane's and any company that once pushed for realistic simulation. They need to be conscious about profit and I don't blame them. I want ED to stay in business and I will continue to purchase any expansion they put out. Supporting user mod community with developer's kit is a luxury for those big game publishers. Somebody has to create the tool and somebody has to pay for his time.

But on the other hand, ED has all these people willing to work for free at their disposal! Maybe there is a way to make use of these talented resource. Perhaps some of them are willing to provide content for future expansion? If users contribute ground unit models and ED just packages them as expansion, heck, I'd buy it. Non flyable aircraft expansion? Sure, I'm willing to pay maybe 15 bucks. User contributed structures and ground texture expansion? I'll pay $25.

Flyable aircrafts are different story however. 3D models are easy part compared to avionics and weapons physics. I'm not willing to buy simple Tomcat skin on F15 avionics.

did u look at any of these 6 pages! :joystick:

I've read the entire 6 pages, and I've yet to understand why ED should release the sourcecode.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

All of you people who want this code to be released and made publicly available for moding etc... you are just nuts!

First of all, if anything in this game should be moded/added/finetuned etc it should be done at least in conjunction with ED. This means if any of the people out there are able to create something and wish for it to be included in the game... then please do so... create your master pieces then please submit to ED.

If new objects are added on casual basis by end user just imagine what kind of chaos we would have in online games. For offliners, sure if won't impact anyone but yourself, and if you wish to fly aircraft that doesn't even exist or what ever else... you could do so... but in online environment this is not possible as people would not have same installs, objects... etc and is not workable.

Not to mention, I believe ED is in general direction of a realistic flight sim rather then some arcade kids game where you just blow stuff up. And for this to be achiveable people who know what they are doing should be doing this work. If they can get help or more information from outside... so the better... but this is their product... their sweat and blood (figuratively speaking) and I'd like to see you people asking for this code leaking to work on some project yourself for a few years... then your hard work to release to the public.

If you say you would do it all I can say to you is... you're either lying or don't know what you're talking about (period) and just stop wasting your, ours and ED's time on such nonsence requests and let ED do what they do best... give us the best flight sim that's out there right now and for time to come.

No longer active in DCS...

Lets not forget that some certain companies *coughnUbisoftcoughcough* might use the released engine and make their own stuff and call it their own. Thats called copywrite infringement. Reverse engineering the code is also a misdemeanor or greater than. It wont happen. Ever. Period.

First of all, if anything in this game should be moded/added/finetuned etc it should be done at least in conjunction with ED. This means if any of the people out there are able to create something and wish for it to be included in the game... then please do so... create your master pieces then please submit to ED.

+1

Well said. I'd rather have a couple of well researched and quality tested additions, rather than a flood of stuff that's been put together over a weekend. As Kuky said, if you really want to see something in LockOn, put the work up front.

Lt. Commander Block: Every aerial photo and recon report indicate a defensive arsenal in the D, and perhaps negative C, categories. There's also some anti-aircraft squadrons.

Admiral Benson: I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a clue. I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

I've read the entire 6 pages, and I've yet to understand why ED should release the sourcecode.

I've contributed to quite some opensource/mod environments that i presume i have some knowledge about how these things (even in flightsim's) work out.

migtoon0xo.gif

this is my last post in this thred - i am kind of getting cheesed off with it all , but before i depart i just want to highlight a few things

1 - we don't all play online - i have been pc gaming since the days of 486 dx33 processors - i have played descent on a lan , and played some mp - doom , quake , and some of the medal of honor type fps games online - and frankly i get so bored playing mp deathmatch games etc - its just oh so repetitive - so in summary to me multi player gaming is not even on my radar - i prefer the single player experience , as well as using a mission editor to make some fun single player misions etc

so where i am coming from - the notion that one should not 3d mod a game - or add in new 3d content becoz

- a - it might upset the mp crowd , and

-b - it might break the mp crowds fun , becoz of incompatibilities between mp version of the game , is at best in my opinion , tough luck , and also all this can easily be avoided - by installing vanilla LO , and just DON'T install 3rd party community mods - if you want to play MP simply follow and stick to this oh so simple process ,and problem solved.

MP and 3d modding do not have to rain on each others parade !

Lastly can we all just shut up about stealing game engine codes - even if it was delivered by courier to you door , most of us me included would not even have a clue what to do with it - and its really really disrespectful to post here on ED's forum door step and even talk about stealing their property !

I have suggested a few constructive ways that ED could help / enhance the current situation , and help us all to expand community modding - you can read it above or over the page - i am not going to state it all again

if you guys whether you can mod or not , would actually speak up , engage brains and add your constructive support to ideas and requests , maybe things can and will move forward , and some new util tools might get made and released to help us all from ED

Roger

I've contributed to quite some opensource/mod environments that i presume i have some knowledge about how these things (even in flightsim's) work out.

While I don't doubt it at all, Allochtoon, I still don't see why Lock On should be turned into another MSFS-type of game in terms of addons. :) While I'm all for making the game as realistic as possible in terms of visuals (Walmis' excellent F15-model, for example) and general playability (tweaks), I can't say that I see why ED should release the sourcecode for the game (which was the orignial thread-starters request). By all means, add tools that can add/replace objects already in the game, but new flyables and major upgrades/overhauls/changes to the sim should be left to the developer or at least be up to ED if they will implement the new content. :)

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

While I don't doubt it at all, Allochtoon, I still don't see why Lock On should be turned into another MSFS-type of game in terms of addons. :) While I'm all for making the game as realistic as possible in terms of visuals (Walmis' excellent F15-model, for example) and general playability (tweaks), I can't say that I see why ED should release the sourcecode for the game (which was the orignial thread-starters request). By all means, add tools that can add/replace objects already in the game, but new flyables and major upgrades/overhauls/changes to the sim should be left to the developer or at least be up to ED if they will implement the new content. :)

Hmm, i meant to quote rogue_blade on his comment, i totally agree with your arguments.

My bad.

migtoon0xo.gif

Mmmmmm , i think that if you open pandoras box , you should open it all the way , or alternatively leave it firmly locked shut and padlocked !

what i mean by that is - ok ED released 3d max plugins and the Lo viewer which is brilliant , but frankly what is the point of it all , if you cannot add a new object to the game engine permanently ?

i know there are different opinions on new aircraft ,flight models , cockpit implementation on new 3d planes , the mp argument as above and probably a whole host of other issues i cannot remember right now - but lets cut to the chase with an example to illustrate my point -

i have a nice zubr hovercraft model which i would have liked to have added to the game engine permanently , and using the mission editor , i would liked to have made a single player mission , with a load of these new 3d hovercraft storming a beach head etc

even on this basic new 3d ground object and mission idea , i cannot implement this , becoz the new 3d object can't go into the game engine easily and permanently , unless an existing object is removed or transvestised !

the same applies to say adding a farmers tractor or maybe a new submarine etc etc

so if you follow this train of thought , what is the point and validity of having any 3d modding tools , such as the current status quo , or even bothering to do 3d modding to this Lo game engine at all with this handicap ?

One could think further out of the box and summise - 1 - Black shark is taking a long time to develop - 2- was or is it the case that perhaps ,secretly the reason for relesing the 3d modding tools as is - was to perhaps only facilitate the 3d rebuild and replacement of existing game objects by a 3d modding community - there are some game engine models that could do with some 3d shape tweaking for better shaped smoother models - for example the kc10 refueller model - no offence to ED modellers - i picked that model as an example - with current cpus and gfx cards that model could now do with being smoother and less angular in the game engine .

So as Shakespeare said - TO BE , OR NOT TO BE , THAT IS THE QUESTION !

Mmmmmm , i think that if you open pandoras box , you should open it all the way , or alternatively leave it firmly locked shut and padlocked !

what i mean by that is - ok ED released 3d max plugins and the Lo viewer which is brilliant , but frankly what is the point of it all , if you cannot add a new object to the game engine permanently ?

i know there are different opinions on new aircraft ,flight models , cockpit implementation on new 3d planes , the mp argument as above and probably a whole host of other issues i cannot remember right now - but lets cut to the chase with an example to illustrate my point -

i have a nice zubr hovercraft model which i would have liked to have added to the game engine permanently , and using the mission editor , i would liked to have made a single player mission , with a load of these new 3d hovercraft storming a beach head etc

even on this basic new 3d ground object and mission idea , i cannot implement this , becoz the new 3d object can't go into the game engine easily and permanently , unless an existing object is removed or transvestised !

the same applies to say adding a farmers tractor or maybe a new submarine etc etc

so if you follow this train of thought , what is the point and validity of having any 3d modding tools , such as the current status quo , or even bothering to do 3d modding to this Lo game engine at all with this handicap ?

One could think further out of the box and summise - 1 - Black shark is taking a long time to develop - 2- was or is it the case that perhaps ,secretly the reason for relesing the 3d modding tools as is - was to perhaps only facilitate the 3d rebuild and replacement of existing game objects by a 3d modding community - there are some game engine models that could do with some 3d shape tweaking for better shaped smoother models - for example the kc10 refueller model - no offence to ED modellers - i picked that model as an example - with current cpus and gfx cards that model could now do with being smoother and less angular in the game engine .

this is my last post in this thred - ...

Warning: The following might cause stupidity

http://youtube.com/watch?v=25LceCPO1ys

Oh, I don't know ... I really, really like Walmis' F-15?

One could think further out of the box and summise - 1 - Black shark is taking a long time to develop - 2- was or is it the case that perhaps ,secretly the reason for relesing the 3d modding tools as is - was to perhaps only facilitate the 3d rebuild and replacement of existing game objects by a 3d modding community

The community asked for'em and they were happy to do a bunch of things. What's the problem?

- there are some game engine models that could do with some 3d shape tweaking for better shaped smoother models - for example the kc10 refueller model - no offence to ED modellers - i picked that model as an example - with current cpus and gfx cards that model could now do with being smoother and less angular in the game engine .

So could the Su-27, and F-15, which we actually do fly ... and? Every moment you spend on one thing is a moment you don't spend on another. They chose to focus on other things and that is all right.

To be what? LOMAC is LOMAC. Period.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

There is no problem - i have never asked for , nor do i want the source code

what would be nice - is to be able to add and do 3d stuff properly using the existing tools , and a new object placement / addition tool - thats my point

i disagree - not all Lo models are bad , most are good shapes - personally the a10 / su25 . f15 and others you mention are not even issues to me for 3d enhancement .

• ED Team

Guys - asking for leaking the code for a game on the game developers forums is bizzare.

In some kind its funny, i bet a bottle of German Beer that ED wont leek the code ! Geez, and we are on page 8 already here :D

But wait, when ED "leak" the code somebody could build a Tu-160 sim for me.

LEAK THE CODE ED !!!!111eleven

Guys - asking for leaking the code for a game on the game developers forums is bizzare.

In some kind its funny, i bet a bottle of German Beer that ED wont leek the code ! Geez, and we are on page 8 already here :D

But wait, when ED "leak" the code somebody could build a Tu-160 sim for me.

LEAK THE CODE ED !!!!111eleven

Which German beer exactly? Wouldn't want to waste the effort on something low quality.

Beer aside , that is why i have been trying to post , some info , some requests , some constructiveness , some sanity into this stupid and pointless request about source code

its pretty obvious i am wasting my breath trying to make some headway here regarding 3d modding issues

this thred is like letting a someone into the hallway of your house , and then that person then in front of you , decides to discuss how and why they are going to trash your house and rob you , and steal your large big screen telly - its as subtle as that !

Frankly i think this thred should just be closed , better still deleted off the face of the earth - it has no merit and it serves no purpose as can clearly be seen and read !