Carrier Deck Lighting

AG-51_Razor

I am pretty sure that I have seen something in here about this, but after going back 4 pages, I gave up.

I am wondering if it would be possible for ED to allow us to choose an advanced waypoint action for the carrier, like turning on the Tacan or activating the ILS, for turning on the flight deck lighting? I think that this would be very useful for Case 3 approaches during the day with poor visibility as well as allowing for a pilot to come aboard without having to mess with the comms menu at the same time during the night.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Endorse this, very strongly.

Flew a Case 3 approach in nasty weather, and called ‘Inbound’ and got landing clearance. Lights were on but I bolted. Flew the recommended MAP at 1200 ft and turned onto finals to pick up ICLS at around 3-4 nm. However, by now the carrier lights were out. I thus had to press transmit - to select ATC - to select Stennis - to call ‘inbound’, and then to call for landing clearance. Unfortunately by then I was into the carrier round-down - Ouch!

Quite right - I shouldn’t have bolted off the first approach - all my own stupid fault! And I forget the maxim “First priority is to fly the aircraft”.

I am pretty sure that I have seen something in here about this, but after going back 4 pages, I gave up.

I am wondering if it would be possible for ED to allow us to choose an advanced waypoint action for the carrier, like turning on the Tacan or activating the ILS, for turning on the flight deck lighting? I think that this would be very useful for Case 3 approaches during the day with poor visibility as well as allowing for a pilot to come aboard without having to mess with the comms menu at the same time during the night.

Activating the TACAN for the carrier I believe is already an action under 'Advanced waypoint Actions', Agree the lights go off far too quickly, In real life surely they would stay on when recovery of aircraft is in progress, rather than switching on/off for each individual landing approach.

Silversmith, I was asking if we could get the deck lighting as an Advanced Waypoint Action just like the TACAN and ICLS.

Lostcat, that is exactly what I am asking for but it would benefit those of us that do have a problem with the lights at night after a bolter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Endorse this, very strongly.

Flew a Case 3 approach in nasty weather, and called ‘Inbound’ and got landing clearance. Lights were on but I bolted. Flew the recommended MAP at 1200 ft and turned onto finals to pick up ICLS at around 3-4 nm. However, by now the carrier lights were out. I thus had to press transmit - to select ATC - to select Stennis - to call ‘inbound’, and then to call for landing clearance. Unfortunately by then I was into the carrier round-down - Ouch!

Quite right - I shouldn’t have bolted off the first approach - all my own stupid fault! And I forget the maxim “First priority is to fly the aircraft”.

Not to dismiss the problem , but with VoiceAttack/Vaicom pro you need only SAY ""Stennis , inbound" .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Not to dismiss the problem , but with VoiceAttack/Vaicom pro you need only SAY ""Stennis , inbound" .

Not to dismiss you really good suggestion, part of my request entails the ability to have the lights turned on at the discretion of the mission builder. So, if the mission builder has created a mission with low visibility in the day time, your voice command will not help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not just carriers, all airbases have the basic design flaw that players cannot turn on/off the runway lighting other than stating inbound.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 1 year later...