Stick deflection limiter

Marcast

When the limiter is on, the plane is almost unsensitive in the pitch ax. Does the real Mig-29 fly like that? I find very hard dogfighting in these conditions. And the override command doesn't seem to work.

Are you sure you're talking about the stick deflection limiter? You use it by holding down the Y key, which allows you to reach a higher AoA than about 26 degrees. That's all it does, it doesn't affect the aircraft's handling at all. Everything else is still the same.

If you're talking about pressing L_Alt+9 for 3 seconds, and getting the beeping tone, that's the autopilot damper. It's on all the time by default and makes the plane fly much more smoothly, especially in pitch. It doesn't limit the aircraft's performance in any way, though.

If you find the MiG-29 seem to have very bad pitch response, it's because you're at full afterburner and you're going like a bat out of hell! At very high speeds, the turn rate is limited so you don't exceed 9.0g. All aircraft are like this, not just the MiG-29.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

If you find the MiG-29 seem to have very bad pitch response, it's because you're at full afterburner and you're going like a bat out of hell! At very high speeds, the turn rate is limited so you don't exceed 9.0g. All aircraft are like this, not just the MiG-29.

AD

Mmmhhh, it could be something like that. No full steam, but I was well over 900 kmh. At lower speeds handling is (of course) much better. Still, I find other similar PFM planes in FC3 (F-15, Su-27 and 33) much more responsive than the Mig.

Guys one noob's question, the limiter is a toglle or must be depressed all the time I want to override the limit? Thx.

It [Y key] must be pressed and held - it simulates pulling harder on the stick to overcome the pitch kicker.

JJ

the aircraft's dogfighting envelope is not up past 450kt lol

you're being held back by the aoa/g limiter for good irl reasons

keeping energy levels high is a good idea but it doesn't always mean you just lock your throttle in zone 5 and leave it there