Hesitant to call this a bug....

Opalias

So with the Viggen's amazing short take of and landing capabilities I couldn't help but try to land on a carrier. To my surprise, it actually wasn't that difficult, even flying a normal carrier pattern is pretty achievable, sometimes I even stop short of where I would have using arresting gear.

So as I taxi off the Landing area please as punch and contemplating a carrier born Viggen squadron I clip through the elevator on the carrier and lose a main. This has happened a few times and always seems to be related to an elevator. As absurd ad a Viggen on a carrier is, it would be nice to have the option, and if this clipping is related to a larger problem maybe this observation will help you get out in front of it before it manifests somewhere more problematic.

Hesitant to call this a bug....

Ok so thanks for the report but I’m going to be frank here and say I/we won’t do anything about this It is most likely some collision issue with the carrier itself and that’s not a HeatBlur model. Hope you enjoy the Viggen though and don’t hesitate to report bugs when you see them!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Roger that, my biggest concern was that somehow the F-14 landing gear might have similar modeling/coding techniques, and not being able to drive that around on the Stennis would have been a much more pressing problem. I thought it very strange that I’ve only seen this with the Viggen. I’ve managed to get a few other aircraft down on the carrier and at least had never noticed it before.

So with the Viggen's amazing short take of and landing capabilities I couldn't help but try to land on a carrier. To my surprise, it actually wasn't that difficult, even flying a normal carrier pattern is pretty achievable, sometimes I even stop short of where I would have using arresting gear.

So as I taxi off the Landing area please as punch and contemplating a carrier born Viggen squadron I clip through the elevator on the carrier and lose a main. This has happened a few times and always seems to be related to an elevator. As absurd ad a Viggen on a carrier is, it would be nice to have the option, and if this clipping is related to a larger problem maybe this observation will help you get out in front of it before it manifests somewhere more problematic.

Happens with the F-5 too. It's an ED bug, not HB.