STILL wrong rotation direction on weapon and int. selectors

Fred00

Well, since the latest fix at least the weapon and interval selectors rotate the same way when right or left clicking. Unfortunately they rotate the opposite way compared to the master mode selector (MMS) or the TILS selector. The MMS and TILS rotate right with a right click and left with a left click (as they should). The weapon and interval selectors rotate the other way.

Inconsistencies like this are very annoying so please fix this once and for all.

Remember that the master mode selector and data panel knobs are different from the weapon and interval selectors. The latter have the indications on the knob itself, while the former have them on the panel instead of the knob. The knobs turn just right and natural to me.

Honestly I haven't used the TILS (always use the automatic setting), so I can't talk about that one.

I get what you're saying, but I think that a right or left click should always turn the selectors the same way, regardless of if the indications are on the knob or on the panel. Just like in the real aircraft you would have to turn the weapon selector right to go left (so to speak). The TILS is the same type of selector as the weapon selector and it does turn right when right clicking.

Either way, Heatblur should at least make those three selectors turn in the same direction.

• 2 weeks later...

+1, this should be absolutely consistent across all aircraft. If there is a reason for this inconsistency that represents what is happening in the real aircraft, please let us know. Right know, it feels like this is just an oversight which should be corrected.

Generally i feel a right lick increases and a left click decreases a numeric selection. If numbers run in the opposite direction, left and right click should indeed be reversed.

So, i think the rotation direction of the actual knob or dial is not the crucial point here. The rotation of the actual selection you are trying to make is. For instance; if a knob turns left, but the numbers on it increase in the opposite direction (as it is with the aforementioned weapon selector and w. mode dials), then this should really be a right mouse click (as it is now). So it really depends on the design of the dial or knob, i.e. whether the markings are on the knob or on the panel.

For the weapon mode selector for instance; left mouse click and actual left turn of the knob would make sense if the numbering was reversed looking like 10,15,20....,60. Only makes if you go look at it in the cockpit in game i guess. Again, right lick should increase and left click should decrease a selection, indepent of the actual rotation direction.

The one still inconsistent dial i found is the 'base selector' on the radio panel. The group selector to it's left behaves correctly, i.e. a right mouse click turns the dial righthand side and increases the numeric selection and the a left click does the opposit. The base selector is reversed. A right mouse click turns the dial to the left and decreases the numbers at the same time. This is the only dial i think which needs correction atm.

Generally i feel a right lick increases and a left click decreases a numeric selection. If numbers run in the opposite direction, left and right click should indeed be reversed.

I must disagree. Commit to CW and CCW button push. IF consistency is what you crave, commit to it. It doesn't matter if the selections run left to right or right to left. CW is CW and CCW is CCW. To do otherwise is asking for trouble.

An example would be, that I can't think of an instance where the "Off" position isn't the leftmost position. Just because the default position is the rightmost position, doesn't mean CW button should suddenly become CCW.

Especially in VR, the consistency of button behavior is an overwhelming part of immersion. To look down and see the dial react to the instinctual command just given inspires confidence in your total inability to actually get the thing down in one piece.

But boy, can you flip those switches. lol

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS