A threesome of DC3's

Any chance the paratrooper mod can be applied to the standard c-130 and C-17?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

You'd have to modify C-130.lua and C-17A.lua in DCS World\Scripts\Database\planes to have a pylon position with available loadout being the paratroops and also set up a weapon definition like in the weapon.lua in the DC3 mod and somehow get that picked up when the game calls the various lua's that make up these aircraft. Think you'd have to add the paratroops to the main weapon definition luas for the game. Definitely would have IC issues if you could figure out all the edits to do it. It's definitely able to be done I think. It would be a nice small addition if ED would consider doing it and I doubt it would take their 3D artists much work to add a airborne soldier shape and the chute as they have all the tools and experience within the game environment, ditto for their programmers. We'd have to accept the same limitations though (ie soldiers despawn on impact) or their scope of work changes and they would have to invent something new to cater for the soldiers to act like weapons falling which convert to a ground unit on impact.

Easier way would be to use a separate mod set up as per the Cuesta brother's AC130 mod as then you are adding onto the game rather than changing core files.

Over the last week I have been trying to figure out what the values in the detailed engine specification represent and then trying to find good data to populate the ones I think I understand. As a result the mods no longer are set up as turbo props with a sound file workaround but are back where they should be as piston engine aircraft with appropriate default DCS World sounds. These engine changes are coupled with a few new data items from a 1951 journal published by the Aeronautical Society of India improving the FM. I hope people who choose to download the mods are happy with the end result. I personally am fairly pleased with how it performs in game even though I know there are still differences to the real aircraft's performance due to my lack of knowledge, data and understanding of the hidden depths of DCS world's FM modelling. I'd also like to thank Blue_Six for his help with the aeronautical side of things and a few welcome insights on the engine parameters.

Even though I suggest redownloading the mods to get the updated structure I will post up the new versions luas later on today to help out people who don't wish to do so.

Mods are found at

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302330/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302331/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302332/

New lua's attached, note these will not give you the mission editor loadouts so you'll either need to redownload the mods or create your own loadouts as you prefer.

Edited by Stonehouse
typo; add lua's

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Yep aware of the issue. Hoping I can persuade Markindel to re-export the edm files if it's possible for him so to get all 3 versions working again. He's quite tied up with ongoing family matters at present though so it will not be a priority for him.

Yep aware of the issue. Hoping I can persuade Markindel to re-export the edm files if it's possible for him so to get all 3 versions working again. He's quite tied up with ongoing family matters at present though so it will not be a priority for him.

Thank you for the reply! No rush whatsoever, this is just a game.

• 4 months later...

Any news on this?

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry don't really come in here much anymore. I don't expect any update on the dc3 models from Markindel any time soon particularly these days. If something changes will definitely advise but you'll probably see the ED DC3 before there is an update to this.

...I don't expect any update on the dc3 models from Markindel any time soon particularly these days...

That's so sad to hear :cry: .. his Mods were the best, I specially liked his ships ... he will be missed, but wish him all the best on his (and yours) endeavours, hope the pandemic doesn't touch any of you or your families.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Sorry don't really come in here much anymore. I don't expect any update on the dc3 models from Markindel any time soon particularly these days. If something changes will definitely advise but you'll probably see the ED DC3 before there is an update to this.

DC3 mods work for me (Cargo and Paratroops) flying scrren from last OB

r494Jb-Screen-200501-191853.png

Edited by Morpheus

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

OK perhaps something changed in the game to make them work again. Nothing did for the DC3s in user downloads but good to read you have it working.

<edit> yep definitely working again although I can see a couple of minor lua errors I will have to look at and upload an updated version when I get a sec. Also have to remember the best bombing run length for the carpet bombing action to get the chutes dropping at the right frequency. It was too short in the clip below so they came out a bit fast

Edited by Stonehouse

Just an FYI that each edm is slightly different due to the rear door animations. Paratrooper version opens the jump door when it reaches the drop waypoint and the cargo version removes the cargo doors (which could be detached in flight) at the drop waypoint and the civil version doesn't do either of these things.

Just an FYI that each edm is slightly different due to the rear door animations. Paratrooper version opens the jump door when it reaches the drop waypoint and the cargo version removes the cargo doors (which could be detached in flight) at the drop waypoint and the civil version doesn't do either of these things.

For what I was needing it (DC3 Breitling), it works fine, it's just for me :smilewink:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 2 months later...

is this a flyable module or an AI addition?

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

is this a flyable module or an AI addition?

AI only:

hqhmvZR.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB