Odd fuel issue

I was wondering if I should call this a bug and report it or something.

For the first time in a while I forgot to turn on the fuel valve before priming the engine.

I primed it and then started using the wobble pump. The light wouldn't stay out.

Then I noticed my error and turned the valve on.

I primed it again and then went to the wobble pump and wobbled. the light went off. Less than 2 seconds later the light came on. I could not get the light to stay off no matter how many times I wobbled it. I tried multiple times.

I agree I should be punished a bit for priming with fuel valve off but I should be able to get pressure up once the valve is back on. So here I sit on the ramp hmmmm.

I am going to turn on the electric pump and see what happens.

Ok. Turning the pump on kept the light off but no start and the light came back on.

I turned the pump back off and then wobbled with success and the light stayed off.

I am going to file that under "I was being punished for being stupid and forgetting the fuel valve and wobbling all the fuel out of the line leaving a giant air pocket in the system."

Well, that's what I am going to tell the Pilot anyway. ;)

Should we call it a bug? On and off with the electric pump clears the issue anyway and you can prime and pump normally. Good to know.

It kind of seems like it could be realistic too. A mistake like I made deserves a short sharp shock.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth