Choosing or not military stuffs on Caucasus airports

jef32

Hi

I see some civilian projects like the Christen Eagle but all airports of the Caucasus map have undeletable military stuffs near the runway. Of course, I've thought about creating a trigger deleting objects in a zone to delete them but some objects aren't deleted despite that ( in exemple a DCA unit at Mineralnye Vody ) .

ED keep in mind that your product is not just a military simulator now. You're selling modules that could be used too as civilians ( UH-1H, MI-8, Yak 52, Sa-342 and even L-39 as aerobatic civilian jet. That's why I ask civilian characters and vehicles since years in other topics ). So don't force us to see systematically military stuffs on Caucasus airports other than official military airbases.

The fact that setting in the ME an airport as neutral, would erase all the military stuffs without the need to create a trigger to delete them (and not running on all objects ).

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

I'm on your boat jef32, but I have to remind myself that I am being given the chance to use this combat sim mostly for civil flying in what I still consider the most advanced general purpose flight simulation engine presently available for desktop PCs because the developers have given me the chance to try the Yak-52, the UH-1H and the Mi-8 or even the L-39 as you you put it...

Also, most of my soaring activity happened out of an Airbase here in Portugal, where I was flying the air cadets AS-K21 and surrounded by fighter aircraft, military cargo airplanes, helicopters and ATC... No problem with that.

Actually at some of the Caucasus airports we do get civil or hybrid aircraft.

Let's not give ideas to all of those who still think that it's a shame ED truned their attention a bit into the civil side of the pond, specially now that Matt has mentioned further civil modules an EVEN ( HEAVEN !!! ) a chance of full Earth Map coverage !!!!!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Let's not give ideas to all of those who still think that it's a shame ED truned their attention a bit into the civil side of the pond, specially now that Matt has mentioned further civil modules an EVEN ( HEAVEN !!! ) a chance of full Earth Map coverage !!!!!

I know it's an eternal debate. In DCS we have the pure and hard customers, thinking nothing else than dogfight, interception or ground support.

Some of them are arguing that the fact that civilians could be killed, is political incorrect.

But the fact is here, we have some officials modules that could be used in civilian situations. Fox exemple, I've built a mission for myself with a Huey taking-off from Sochi under heavy thunderstorm and I must go on a burning gaz platform by embarking someone forgotten here before the destruction of the platform. And the only character I can embark in the Huey is a....soldier with a gun in his hands. In general, it's not this kind of persons that one can meet on gaz platforms.

So, if, for now, ED has deaf ears about civilian people, they could, at least, allow us to delete effectively ALL the militaries stuffs on an airport, if we want.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

" full Earth Map coverage"

This was clearly stated as a long term wish, and not as any kind of promise. Just to be clear.

Full Earth Map coverage ?

Can you imagine the amount of work that's represent ?

I want to say if highly detailled like Las Vegas or Dubai. If it's just generic landscapes, P3D or X-plane have already done. And ED members have too a family to feed. I can't imagine they will sell other maps than maps having known a war like Falklands or Viet-Nam. But sincerely, if we think about kind of landscapes, we already have mountains, plains, forests, sea and half-sized towns with the Caucasus map, we have desert and big cities with NTTR or Hormuz. What kind of landscape is missing, according to you, to have a complete panel ? Perhaps tropical ( like Viet-Nam) or iced landscapes ? I see nothing which justifies to work on a totally earth coverage.

On the other hand, I think more usefull to work about things enhancing what we already have ( less generic towns in Caucasus, and civilian characters and vehicles) than covering the total earth. But the main subject, finally, is to ask ourselves if DCS is considered yet as a only military simulation with all these actuals or future modules that could be used in only civilian operations. If ED team considers now that DCS is a military simulation but a civilian too, they must give us the possibility to use it, if we want, as a civilian simulation. And that begins with the possibility to delete totally military stuffs on Caucasus airports if we want.

Full Earth Map coverage ?

Can you imagine the amount of work that's represent ?

I want to say if highly detailled like Las Vegas or Dubai. If it's just generic landscapes, P3D or X-plane have already done. And ED members have too a family to feed. I can't imagine they will sell other maps than maps having known a war like Falklands or Viet-Nam. But sincerely, if we think about kind of landscapes, we already have mountains, plains, forests, sea and half-sized towns with the Caucasus map, we have desert and big cities with NTTR or Hormuz. What kind of landscape is missing, according to you, to have a complete panel ? Perhaps tropical ( like Viet-Nam) or iced landscapes ? I see nothing which justifies to work on a totally earth coverage.

On the other hand, I think more usefull to work about things enhancing what we already have ( less generic towns in Caucasus, and civilian characters and vehicles) than covering the total earth. But the main subject, finally, is to ask ourselves if DCS is considered yet as a only military simulation with all these actuals or future modules that could be used in only civilian operations. If ED team considers now that DCS is a military simulation but a civilian too, they must give us the possibility to use it, if we want, as a civilian simulation. And that begins with the possibility to delete totally military stuffs on Caucasus airports if we want.

yes I agree I agree with you and 'a job but in any case the simulator is limited ...... I do not want to go back to the talk of nuclear weapons and even missiles of long range but ......... missions you can not do missions like AMERICA .RUSSIA long-range no missions with u2 no spy missions no big missions you can never do. I was thinking if there was a solution to load the missions maps not from the computer but from an online cloud where everyone could connect. if there was online the google earth map more detailed dcs online you could connect them.

however the plains there are the mountains there are the desert there is still one thing missing ....... the depressions like the Grand Canyon Qattara Depression are missing the highest peaks in the Himalayan world K2 or the Italian Alps and Austrian ice are missing as antarctica or arctic active volcanoes are missing.

Edited by Xilon_x

Can you imagine the amount of work that's represent ?...

On the other hand, I think more usefull to work about things enhancing what we already have ( less generic towns in Caucasus, and civilian characters and vehicles) than covering the total earth.

AFAIK THEY (ED, not me) said that the areas in between module-maps would be very low-fidelity. Basically not populated as the maps we have.

As for enhancing Caucasus: Why would they? It's a great, cheap, free map as it is. You want more fidelity? Buy a map module! :P (It's marketing).

Adding a low-fidelity full earth would open up for long-range interdiction aircraft and bombers modules. It would make sense.

---

And, OT: Yes. I'd like if they clear out all static An-2s, and Mi-8's from airfields, but it's not a big deal. Want to fly civvy planes? Take off from a civilian airport. No? Delete the statics you want with the delete-trigger (it works, and if it doesn't - it's probably a bug: Report it.)

however the plains there are the mountains there are the desert there is still one thing missing ....... the depressions like the Grand Canyon Qattara Depression are missing the highest peaks in the Himalayan world K2 or the Italian Alps and Austrian ice are missing as antarctica or arctic active volcanoes are missing.

You have models of mountains with the Caucasus ( 5642 meters Mt Elbrus ). So that looks a little like Himalaya or italian Alps. Antartica, Ok but I'm not sure of interst for most people.

For long missions USA-Russia, if you feel able to spend hours in front of your computer to play a remake of Dr Folamour, ok if ED create a B-52 module or the beginning of the movie the spie's bridge if ED create a U2 module but I'm not sure that most of players would be able to stay here so long with nothing to do before the nuclear strike or photography.

Jarelus, I've already suggested to ED a paying civilian asset pack with civilians characters and vehicles. I would be ready to buy it. And I remember you that civilans can be used on all maps ( the free Caucasus and paying other maps).

I didn't talk about the static helicopters or An-2S. I was talking about military vehicles and AAA weapons we can find near the runways on all airports of Caucasus. Deleting them by a trigger doesn't work each time. Some of them are resisting like the DCA near the runway of Mireralnue Vody, even with a trigger at the beginning of the mission to delete it.

I didn't talk about the static helicopters or An-2S. I was talking about military vehicles and AAA weapons we can find near the runways on all airports of Caucasus. Deleting them by a trigger doesn't work each time. Some of them are resisting like the DCA near the runway of Mireralnue Vody, even with a trigger at the beginning of the mission to delete it.

Maybe the map depicts a version where even civilian airfields are managed by the military? (btw, can't figure out what you mean by "DCA" as google is confused by a big airport with that name, but I guess you mean like approach radars etc?)

btw, can't figure out what you mean by "DCA" as google is confused by a big airport with that name, but I guess you mean like approach radars etc?

No sorry, it's the name in french. A modern flak unit !

Can you provide a link to that info? Can't find it.

Sure,

from here: https://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/5797/A-interview-with-DCSs-Matt-Wagner-/

you can get this by Matt, and other interesting hints as well...

"Moving forward, we are committed to adding more and more aircraft from various eras of aviation and the inclusion of maps that span the world. An important aspect of this will be the move to a “world map” and a more varied choice of gameplay types that appeal to different users."

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Sure,

from here: https://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/5797/A-interview-with-DCSs-Matt-Wagner-/

you can get this by Matt, and other interesting hints as well...

"Moving forward, we are committed to adding more and more aircraft from various eras of aviation and the inclusion of maps that span the world. An important aspect of this will be the move to a “world map” and a more varied choice of gameplay types that appeal to different users."

Thank you!

Maybe the map depicts a version where even civilian airfields are managed by the military? (btw, can't figure out what you mean by "DCA" as google is confused by a big airport with that name, but I guess you mean like approach radars etc?)

I could imagine that happen during a crisis time (when most of the campaigns happen, obviously).

There could be tons of interesting scenarios where military + civilians mix. It's seen in some other serious military games. Combat aircraft could operate out of civilian airports, or maybe the threat environment is so that civilian traffic is still running, but the military is present... just in case.

Also, the situations where you need to distinguish between friendly, civilian and enemy targets... could lead to some new considerations.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS