What do these tilted lines on the HUD mean?

wernst

After hot start and before taxiing I get these 4 tilted lines on the lower part of the HUD plus system warning lamp / tone. The lines disappear after take off.

The same messages appear during landing when the nose wheel touches down a little harder than usual.

This is related to the AP and the trim.

Press the button you binded to momentarily deactivate the AP and those lines will disappear (it is the paddle on the real stick). When landing, you should press the same button until you have landed and controlled your on ground speed.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

The lines show up for many caution panel indications: DECOL, P. CAB, etc. but not for others (e.g. PARK.). They seem to be those that make takeoff unsafe. Look at your caution panel and address them before taxi. None of them should be on before taxi.

Avoid the DECOL warning on landing by first contacting main wheels on touchdown, then squeezing the AP standby control, then lowering the nose wheel to the runway. DECOL will warn if trim is not neutral with weight on nose wheel. Pressing AP standby with weight on main wheels resets the trim to neutral.

The lines show up for many caution panel indications: DECOL, P. CAB, etc. but not for others (e.g. PARK.). They seem to be those that make takeoff unsafe. Look at your caution panel and address them before taxi. None of them should be on before taxi.

Avoid the DECOL warning on landing by first contacting main wheels on touchdown, then squeezing the AP standby control, then lowering the nose wheel to the runway. DECOL will warn if trim is not neutral with weight on nose wheel. Pressing AP standby with weight on main wheels resets the trim to neutral.

Thanks Frederf, yes, the issue with the warning is clearly related to trim settings before take off.

But the warning lines appear during landing under conditions wich I still don't understand well.

Of course the plane has to settle on the main wheels first when touching the ground.

After the main wheels have touched the ground I try to hold the nose up as long as possible to avoid damage to the nose wheel. (As I have been trained to do in RL)

If I'm able to manage to let the nose wheel sink buttery smooth down to the ground I'm fine, no warning.

But as soon as the nose wheel touches the ground a little harder the lines appear plus warning tone.

My initial conclusion: The display of warning lines depends on how smooth the nose wheel have touched the ground, a kind of indication that the nose wheel may have been damaged.

But according what you have explained it's not. What is it?

When beeing on short final I usually don't trim anymore and AP has been deactivated much earlier before.

The lines indicate that a warning light is on.

Before take-off: You have to do the CDVE short test so the DECOL red light turns off.

After nose gear landing: You have to reset trim

The thing to do is to keep your nose up for aerobraking after main gear touch down until 110 kts. Then reset the trim by double tapping the autopilot standby button and let go of the stick so the plane can land the nose gear at the correct rate.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

MLG WOW -> Rest trim for takeoff -> NLG WOW

When you are in the two point attitude after MLG touchdown you are able to rest the trim for takeoff by pressing the AP suspend control. In the case the AP suspend was held on MLG touchdown release and press again. This will reset the trim for takeoff (still two point attitude). Then lower the nose to the three point attitude.

The "ready for takeoff?" check happens on NLG touchdown. It's your job as pilot is to reset the trim in the two point attitude.