MiG-19P Farmer "B" Status

Zeus67

Thx for quick reply Zeus! :) So I recalled it right. No guns mean no-go for me :P especially when they get ditched in favor of 4 MISSiles. Unlike RS-2 seris, with R-3S at least there is some chance to hit something, however slim :D.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Some updates on the first post.

This bird is nearing completion.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

thanks buddy! looking forward to flying this bird. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Not the P, but the PM

The Czech republic received several deliveries Mig-19P but in real it was version PM.

Because russians had delay in marking new types.

Pilots received pilot manuals signed for P type on cover but inside book was descriptions for PM version.

So in real situation in early deliveries had Czech army Mig-19P (it as real P version)

Later deliveries P versions (was in real PM version) but Czech army still marked it as P versions.

More later deliveries was received under correct marking PM.

Do not be fooled.

Similar problem was too in Russia.

Edited by Magot

Happy holidays y'all and that MiG sure is shaping up mighty fine. Looking forward to tearing cocky 4th gen fighters a new one with it. (back in the olden days, in a certain viper sim farmers were my most feared opponents)

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Take my money already! :thumbup:

All modules: past, present and future!:pilotfly::joystick:

i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz | 32GB RAM | Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8G | TM Warthog (slew mod) | TM pedals | Oculus Rift S

Turning time of MiG-19S at 5,000m stated to be 35 seconds with afterburner vs 32 seconds of the MiG-17 at same altitude. Not sure about sea level or the MiG-19P variant.

Also read that MiG-19S was stated to have dangerous spin characteristics and quite willing to spin sometimes flat and inverted. So that may be something to watch out for when turn fighting.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

I don't remember if I have already asked this question but is the RWR capable of detecting doppler emissions ?

The MiG-19P RWR, when mounted, it is only rear aspect and only warns when a radar is locked on you. It does not provide any other info.

Search radars are not detected.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

AFAIK, Doppler radars differ from non-Doppler radars primarily in the way they process returns, not so much in the signals they emit. Granted, to be able to apply Doppler filtering, the signal that is sent needs to meet certain requirements (coherency) but how would that affect the RWR's ability to detect it I have no idea. I'm no expert on radars, but I don't think whether the radar uses Doppler filtering or not would matter to an RWR.

From what Zeus67 is saying I would infer we will not be able to see (hear) TWS "locks" however.

I'm no expert on radars, but I don't think whether the radar uses Doppler filtering or not would matter to an RWR.

From what Zeus67 is saying I would infer we will not be able to see (hear) TWS "locks" however.

I don't think the rwr would sense different radar waves but the main thing I understood in Zeus post was that it only reported locks, then my main hypothesis is that it can't detect radar in search mode because it isn't sensitive enough, I'm no radar expert either but from what I get a radar that is locked is similar with someone experiencing tunnel vision, so the rwr can detect can detect intense radar activity (like in lock) but not the somewhat weaker search mode.

So yeah the rwr wouldn't pick anything if TWS is used.

I can't find the source anymore but I've kept in mind something about wave band used specifically by doppler radars, that the old RWRs are not tuned to.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module