SU33 disappeared after FC3 install

DISCLAIMER: I attempted to search first, but couldn't create good search criteria I suppose. This MAY have been expected behavior.

Effected Version: 2.5.3.22877

My SU33 has disappeared from the main page along with the default instant-action missions. (ie. Guns-only air to air w/ the F14A).

I started with 2.5 and purchased the F/A-18C + Su-33 + Persian Gulf Map bundle.

I decided today to download FC3. After installing, the SU-33 on the opening page disappeared along with its Instant Action Missions.

9hywjgU.png

Although this doesn't necessarily need a hot fix, I do miss the SU33 background and the guns-only I was using to practice without having to custom make a mission. (not even really sure how to do that yet, I am still green)

The only log file I could find of relevance seemed to be the auto_update_log that I can send to admin.

Thank you for your time.

As an aside... the Blue Angels just flew over my place here in Houston...

System Specs:

Intel 8700K (Factory Clocks) / NZXT Kraken X62

ASUS ROG STRIX 1080TI

Corsair RGB 32GB @ 3600MHZ

Samsung 970EVO M.2 OS Drive / 2 x Samsung 960EVO SATA Game Drive (DCS and STEAM)

Phankteks Enthoo Evolv TG w/ something like, 9 case fans now...

Alienware 34" AW3418DW (with 120HZ and GSYNC)

Warthog HOTAS

Thrustmaster MFD

Saitek Rudder Pedals

Logitch G35 Mic

TrackIR5

Corsair keyboard/mouse

A10C,FA18,F14,Viggen <3,F16,Spitfire, NTTR, Persian Gulf,SuperCarrier

This is normal behavior .. however, you can force the installation of the Su-33 module by opening a command window, navigate to /program files/eagle dynamics/dcs/bin and once there run the command:

dcs_updater install SU33

More details here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Welcome.

Edit: Before doing what I suggested, first, with DCS running go to the Module Manager (a checkered icon on the top of the screen) and see if you can re-enable the module there.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Edit: Before doing what I suggested, first, with DCS running go to the Module Manager (a checkered icon on the top of the screen) and see if you can re-enable the module there.

Hello Rudel,

I attempted to uncheck restart and then recheck and restart the SU33 module from the manager, but nothing updated.

I have just downloaded the batch file into DCS2.5 main per website's instruction, but I will attempt your fix first.

Thank you for the quick response and your time. I will study the thread to better understand the modules as well. Good info!

System Specs:

Intel 8700K (Factory Clocks) / NZXT Kraken X62

ASUS ROG STRIX 1080TI

Corsair RGB 32GB @ 3600MHZ

Samsung 970EVO M.2 OS Drive / 2 x Samsung 960EVO SATA Game Drive (DCS and STEAM)

Phankteks Enthoo Evolv TG w/ something like, 9 case fans now...

Alienware 34" AW3418DW (with 120HZ and GSYNC)

Warthog HOTAS

Thrustmaster MFD

Saitek Rudder Pedals

Logitch G35 Mic

TrackIR5

Corsair keyboard/mouse

A10C,FA18,F14,Viggen <3,F16,Spitfire, NTTR, Persian Gulf,SuperCarrier