Pilot or Rio?

tribundf

Pilot or Rio?  

369 members have voted

1. 1. Pilot or Rio?

• Pilot
    • RIO

Not trying to nitpick, but there's lots of "normal" people unable to join. The military has a book full of disqualifying conditions, including for the most mundane of things.

You missed my point. If you have no physical/mental problems it's pretty easy to join.

Yet, even in perfect health, your chances of becoming a fighter pilot are pretty slim. Point being it's easy to join the military compared to becoming a fighter pilot.

Buzz

• 2 weeks later...

Definitly trying both. And then see how Jester/Iceman AI works.

Depending on which AI works better, I will then focus on either pilot or RIO.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• 4 weeks later...
Not for nothing my name is Maverick:matrix:

I see...

both

why not?

Hey - you can be his wingman, anytime !

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• 2 months later...

In my eyes, the flying part of the F-14 will be quickly mastered in time with the importance of slip when dogfighting. But as the saying goes for this: "A bad pilot makes a bad plane," the same applies to the RIO. So I will be dedicating most of my time to the RIO to master the brains of the AWG-9 and control the LANTIRN. :)

• 1 year later...

I mostly drive though wouldn't mind trying the back seat. I've asked a few times on Aerobatics and no one accepted. Communication is an issue. Rather than force people to use Discord, etc would prefer they have a crew chat channel but ED would need to do that and don't have a plane with multi-crew so may not see the need yet.

With Random people on the Internet, I've had the issue where they bail and I'm not even sure, though with the current bug Jester doesn't come back. Made me learn how to set Tacan and the radios from the front seat, with more than a couple references to the kneeboard, but it all worked out.

As it is, I mostly practice on long waypoint missions I created both day and night and drop to back seat once I'm level and at altitude. I've noticed that Jester doesn't turn on his oxygen and all lights are off so usually need to set that up first in the air. Now that we have TWS Auto I'll have something else to play with.

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2