Pylon integrated dispenser system on the F/A-18C?

sirrah

Does the Hornet use weapon racks with integrated chaff/flare dispensers? Just like the PIDS (Pylon Integrated Dispenser System) on the F-16. And if so, is there any chance we will ever see something like this implemented in dcs?

(Reason for me to ask, is that I usually run out of chaffs & flares way to fast :P)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Ehrm.. why has my question been moved?

I'm just asking if this pylon dispenser system will be added to the F18 module...

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I guess, although a strange way of saying that...

System specs:

And it is not use an all F-16. PIDS, and PIDSU have only been used on specific ANG birds (Block 32 and below) and only some A and B models.

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13871

ECIPS, ECIPS+ and ECIPSU are exclusive to the Danish and Norway's AF F-16 AFAIK.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

And it is not use an all F-16. PIDS, and PIDSU have only been used on specific ANG birds (Block 32 and below) and only some A and B models.

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13871

ECIPS, ECIPS+ and ECIPSU are exclusive to the Danish and Norway's AF F-16 AFAIK.

Yeah I think you are right about that - at least only Denmark and Norway are mentioned as current operators of the upgraded PIDS+ and ECIPS+ in this article:

https://www.terma.com/about-us/doing-business-with-us/customer-stories/f-16/

JJ

I think I also saw them on the Dutch F-16's, back in the day's when I was still working for the RNLAF (maintenance, not pilot ;) ). But I could be wrong though.

Don't understand why these pylons aren't standard loadout on all western (non stealth) fighter aircraft. Seems like the perfect way to increase countermeasure capabilities.

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

I think I also saw them on the Dutch F-16's, back in the day's when I was still working for the RNLAF (maintenance, not pilot ;) ). But I could be wrong though.

PIDS or ECIPS? - IIRC PIDS(original version) has been used by all EPAF countries for some time, but I am not sure about ECIPS.

PIDS+ is quite new though - RNLAF only ordered it last year:

https://www.terma.com/press/news-2016/missile-warning-and-flare-up-for-netherlands-f-16/

Don't understand why these pylons aren't standard loadout on all western (non stealth) fighter aircraft. Seems like the perfect way to increase countermeasure capabilities.

Like mentioned earlier, PIDS/ECIPS are directly aimed at the F-16, whereas the company has made other solutions for other aircraft(and helicopter) types, which you can read about here(if you can stomach the sales pitch):

https://www.terma.com/media/328396/terma_airbornes_brochure_-_a4_-_screen.pdf

...no mention of the F-18 though :)

JJ

RAAF FA18s have additional Countermeasures integrated into pylons

https://saab.com/globalassets/publications-pdfs/eds/electronic-warfare-ew/bol_f-18_product_sheet.pdf

So my initial question was a valid one :thumbup:

(I sure like to have more chaffs and flares in the Hornet)

System specs: