DCS Standalone with SteamVR possible?

Madfish

Hello gents,

as I'm sitting on a Rift right now (DCS is integrated with the Oculus tool) but want to switch to a Vive Pro (needing SteamVR):

Could anyone confirm that I can add DCS as a non-steam-game to my Steam library and it will successfully trigger SteamVR and work as intended and the same as the Steam version?

Or are there any known issues adding standalone to Steam?

Best regards

Best regards

Roger that,

just out of curiosity - is there anyone who got an Oculus and tried running DCS standalone through Steam VR to make use of it's settings and capabilities?

Not sure why an Oculus user would choose to run through Steam VR when DCS has native Oculus support. No need for the overhead of going through two runtimes.

I have one game on my system that is Steam VR only - if not for that game I would not even have Steam on my system. I much prefer using the Oculus software for my settings in the Rift. But that is just my personal preference.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|