Wont release High drags after a rearm when...

Knock-Knock

Seems that when more than one Viggen in a group, that after a rearm the High drags wont release.

Had 4 client Viggens in a group, and every time Id return to rearm for another batch of High drags, it refused to release them. Then tried unlimited ammo, and that was the same result basically. First release went fine, next, nothing.

So I split the Viggens up in individuals, and then it would work after a rearm.

I only tested High drags, so no idea low drags, rockets etc are effected too?

No scripting or anything used.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I did a little more testing yesterday, but I need to investigate a little further.

Seems that when I set a target point, then it refuses to release in Nav, and will only release in ANF. If it will release first time around in Nav, when having set a target point, or not all in Nav, that I need to figure out. But I had set B1, and with unlimited ammo, I released the High drags multiple times. Then I set B1 to M1, and it refused to release in Nav.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hmm, did by any chance got a flashing distance line when in NAV? In CCIP release this means a fragmentation zone warning, I don't think it will release in that case.

Btw, I just tried both level and CCIP HD bomb releases and they work. So there must be a difference in procedure or mission set-up?

You can try the SB71 HD missions from

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222539

which are the mission I used.

Problem wasnt releasing the bombs in Nav, problem was I couldnt release them twice - either unlimited ammo or after a rearm, in some circumstances. Thought it had to do with Viggens being in a group, but turned out that was a dud. Then I tought it had to do with having a target point set, but just tried again now with a target point set, and I could release as many times as I wanted in Nav (unlimited ammo). Yesterday I couldnt, and I dont think I did anything different just now. Probably did though, but Ive done it so many times, so its routine. I dont know.

So atm, its fine, nothing wrong. But Ill keep an eye out for it, if I run into the problem again, and then try really hard to remember saving a track - Im so bad at that :).

Sorry, I wasn't explicit about it, but the mission has unlimited ammo. Dropping bombs multiple times wasn't a problem when I tried it. Re-arming could be different, but I did not try it.

Btw, there should be a track at:

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\LastMissionTrack.trk

Or doesn't that work anymore?

• 2 months later...

I just ran into the same problem, but for me it didn't work after the 3rd rearming.

I was hosting a multiplayer session to teach a buddy how to use the high drag bombs. We did that two times successful, but on the third attempt I wasn't able to release them anymore. They worked fine for my buddy though, even on the third attempt. We did not respawn once. We always landed and rearmed. :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

MP mission, I was the host and leader, my friend the wingman in the same group.

both had the attack waypoint selected as target waypoint. CCIP in NAV mode and PLAN mode. No rearming.

My friend launch his bombs without problem in is first pass.

Myself, can't release bombs. I tried a dozen of pass at different speed and altitude. At the end I tried a CCRP pass in ANF mode and bombs released !..... XD

Then I go test an instant action mission and it worked like a charm in CCIP...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

I had this problem again now. This time it was when flying on Alpenwolf's Cold War Server. I did a first sortie where I used the HD bombs just fine. Then I flew to a roadbase, rearmed there with another load of HD bombs and head back to the target area, where I ran into the bug as I wasn't able to release them at all under any circumstances.

The first time I encountered this problem (see my previous post) was when I hosted an mp mission, so I got this bug now as a client as well as being the host. I haven't figured out what is actually causing it. In all cases I was trying to release the bombs while having a target waypoint selected.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

The first time I encountered this problem (see my previous post) was when I hosted an mp mission, so I got this bug now as a client as well as being the host. I haven't figured out what is actually causing it. In all cases I was trying to release the bombs while having a target waypoint selected.

Is that a bug or a feature?

In both cases it is good to be aware of this!

Is that a bug or a feature?

In both cases it is good to be aware of this!

Why should this be a feature? :huh:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not sure, I was thinking about the target ring indicator that is displayed if you have a target waypoint. But I realize now that CCIP mode is in NAV mode and the TIR is not displayed. Still a target waypoint is not required for CCIP, the manual says:

A target fix is not made in CCIP mode.

This is on page 301 of RC1. It does not say a target waypoint is forbidden though.