lately horribly high pings in the lobby

birdstrike

for a few patches now, when i join the multiplayer lobby, i see all servers with horribly high pings.

the lowest are around 200now. however after joining a server, its much lower than in the lobby, but still higher than it used to be....my internet connection is fine btw, having 300Mbps down and 30Mbps up.

anybody else experience this?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been experiencing this same issue for as long as 2.5 is here.

Servers that are basically around the corner show ranges from 300-600ms, while after joining I am at 25ms or lower.

Refreshing the MP list drastically changes all those numbers in the lobby, but again after joining I always have a stable low ping.

I don't know if ED wants to see track files or logs of this as well to look into it?

Any tips from ED to try and pinpoint the issue are welcome.

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

I'm having the same problems, and i know it not my connection as other games are fine.

In the lobby with the hoggit server Georgia At War in the lobby I get 417ms and this is after I have refreshed the lobby a few times. When i ping the server I get 272ms

Pinging 65.19.181.9 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 65.19.181.9: bytes=32 time=274ms TTL=117

Reply from 65.19.181.9: bytes=32 time=272ms TTL=117

Can confirm. I rent a server from a hosting company and the in-game server list ping is often about 50-100ms higher than an actual ICMP echo request/ping made from the same client computer to the host running the DCS server just seconds after I refresh the in-game list.

The server list sure seems to measure something, but it's not actual ping.

This problem is definitely server related, was playing on blueflag PG today and joined the server, lobby ping was around 330ms and ingame 187ms and after server restart lobby ping was at 444ms and now cant play on that server as you cant join the server with ping higher then 400ms

• 3 weeks later...

If you are having problems connecting to a server that is ping locked and you can't join the server due to this bug just connect by IP. This worked for me on the Blue Flag PG map. After restart it showed my ping was over 500 but was able to join the server by connecting by IP.

Edited by skrabley

• 1 year later...

Maybe the whole World got locked inside and is using the internet all at once?

Just a thought but not a computer guru

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

• ED Team
The server list sure seems to measure something, but it's not actual ping.

What's an actual ping? ICMP requests are handled by the OS.

The server list shows effective pings - the time between DCS client sending a request and receiving the reply, including all DCS server processing (these requests are of the highest priority, but still...)

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Idea

Because ED and Microsoft cannot overcame the problem of the false pings of the lobby

(versus ingame true):

Maybe a good idea to remove connection restriction by high pings and force DCS user

to copy and paste IP information. We are TIRED from use workaround.

And lobby pings as useless for years now for many, I will not complain if that removed too.

As user if I see one of my daily used favourited server has longer than a second ping,

I immediately know the list is false, DCS software why not has artifical intelligence for that?

My tip is DOCSIS cable modems falsify the pings.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

c0ff: Thanks for clarifying that the list doesn't show ICMP Echo rtt's but an amalgamation of the above and application processing.

But I do have to join in the choir here, even after November 2019. Pings listed in the server list is at best a guide to show if the server is on the same continent as you or not and will fluctuate wildly, especially on first entering the server list after starting the game, then there's often a 100-300ms addition until you refresh the list again and then one might start seeing pings closer to whats actually going on.

Direct connect or just double clicking your servers you've marked as you favorites that "you know are ok" is how the list is used on this end :)

It's because the router is pinged by all servers at once (like 700+ servers). In my case, my router gets fried and it starts to degrade until I can only see less than 50 servers. Then I reboot it and everything goes back no normal. I think my router NAT table is being filled by so many pings at once. Pings should be sent to routers by batches of less servers at once, not so many.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2