Samsung Odyssey - Eye Misalignment

obious

Hi All,

Apologies if this is considered spamming as this topic/question is deep in another post I made about a week ago but it’s driving me mad!

Essentially, I bought an Odyssey a few days ago, installed WMR and SteamVR, fires up DCS only to notice that the left and right panels in the headset are misaligned. A few other people on this forum suggested adjusting the IPD and PD (which I have) but that hasn’t helped at all.

Ive set the Odyssey’s IPD to its minimum (60mm I think) but as above, it seems like the right eye is higher/lower than the left (or vice versa). I also performed a brand new install of DCS which didn’t help and am on the latest Nvidia srivers

Anyone got any ideas? I’m running a GTX 1080ti FYI. Should probably mention that using the Odyssey in either WMR or SteamVR Home is fine. It may also be worth noting that the DCS loading screen jitters when it first loads up but I don’t know if this is normal for SteamVR/WMR users

Thanks!

Edited by obious

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

So I decided to load up DCS and just see if it makes a difference if I make it into the cockpit and interestingly enough, whenever I move my head forwrads or backwards to look at instruments etc, the whole screen moves.There's no forward/backward motion along the Z axis. I also noticed that I can't look over my shoulder. Rotational and just generally looking around is fine but not moving forwards/backwards.

I wonder if they're related? I've tested it in other games and I can't move my head forward in any of them.

Edited by obious

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

So I decided to load up DCS and just see if it makes a difference if I make it into the cockpit and interestingly enough, whenever I move my head forwrads or backwards to look at instruments etc, the whole screen moves.There's no forward/backward motion along the Z axis. I also noticed that I can't look over my shoulder. Rotational and just generally looking around is fine but not moving forwards/backwards.

I wonder if they're related? I've tested it in other games and I can't move my head forward in any of them.

That's what happens to me when I forget to do the initial calib if In wmr if I reboot the comp look from side to side etc. It sounds broken if you have done that. Guess you have rei stalled wmr already? A d yeah it needs light

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

turning off the WMR ASW via the config file? There’s instructions on reddit as well as a YouTube video. I turned it on when it was in beta and DCS didn’t like it at all.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• 2 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. Other games work fine in SteamVR, unfortunately only DCS has one screen higher than the other. I checked goggles on two different computers and it was the same. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

I have exactly the same problem. Other games work fine in SteamVR, unfortunately only DCS has one screen higher than the other. I checked goggles on two different computers and it was the same. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

You can start DCS.EXE with "Inject" function of Revive.

1. start Mixed Reality Portal;

2. start SteamVR;

3. right mouse click on Revive Dashboard in the trey and select "Inject..."

It will fix misalignment, however there will be movement lag...

Or you can rename "c:\Program Files\Revive\Revive\x64\LibRemixed64_1.dll" to LibRevive64_1.dll

and repeat steps above. That will open DCS through Remixed. There will be no misalignment and lag. However, resolution will be lower than in SteamVR, and there will be no motion vector reprojection.

Maybe there is proper way to use Remixed.

Hello Sparkam,

I checked the methods you described and actually work. Unfortunately, in fact the resolution is quite low. I have a Pimax 4K and I see in them much more clearly. I hope that the problem with this DCS eye misalignment will be solved by ED.

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

Thanks !!

@Sparkam you are my Hero :-)

rename c:\Program Files\Revive\Revive\x64\LibRemixed64_1.dll" to LibRevive64_1.dll

working great.

ps.

resolution can be raised by changing the PD in the VR tab in the DCS

Yes, you can increase the PD. I set to 1.6 because above I have a white square. Steam VR set to 200% (1080Ti) - but the quality does not knock down :) In addition, I have a strange problem with centering the view. When I press 5 on the numeric keypad, it resets my view with my head raised too high. I have to lift up slightly and then reset :)

PD in DCS settings does not work for me with Remixed. Only with Revive.

It looks like it remixed forced the native resolution of Oculus Rift :-/

I bought gtx1080Ti, it would be so cool to play with Samsung Odyssey..

It's really frustrating. The problem has been known for over a year.

Currently, Samsung Odyssey is probably the best headset for DCS and I can not use it. :cry:

Or the HTC Vive resolution. This problem occurs only with Samsung goggles, both Odyssey and Odyssey Plus. It may be related to the physical regulation of IPD. Other WMR goggles have this parameter set by the software, and in the case of Samsung this value is taken from the goggles with an accuracy of 3 decimal places and maybe this is the reason?

PD in DCS settings does not work for me with Remixed. Only with Revive.

Or the HTC Vive resolution. This problem occurs only with Samsung goggles, both Odyssey and Odyssey Plus. It may be related to the physical regulation of IPD. Other WMR goggles have this parameter set by the software, and in the case of Samsung this value is taken from the goggles with an accuracy of 3 decimal places and maybe this is the reason?

IPD or different resolution, WMR = 1440x1440, Samsung Odyssey/Odyssey + 1440x1600

It also crossed my mind. But not all Odyssey Plus have this problem.

It looks like they are working to resolve this problem:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/719950/discussions/0/1742229167208813376/

It looks like they are working to resolve this problem:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/719950/discussions/0/1742229167208813376/

For those with short attention span. The pertinent part of the above link:

d120acb52e6061b79797f54b6fb591694b77e247.jpg

TomMicrosoft [developer] 20 hours ago

Hey all we are aware of the issue and determined that the DCS team will need to make changes to fix it. We reached out to their team and will work with them to fix this in an upcoming DCS release

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

You can start DCS.EXE with "Inject" function of Revive.

1. start Mixed Reality Portal;

2. start SteamVR;

3. right mouse click on Revive Dashboard in the trey and select "Inject..."

It will fix misalignment, however there will be movement lag...

Or you can rename "c:\Program Files\Revive\Revive\x64\LibRemixed64_1.dll" to LibRevive64_1.dll

and repeat steps above. That will open DCS through Remixed. There will be no misalignment and lag. However, resolution will be lower than in SteamVR, and there will be no motion vector reprojection.

Maybe there is proper way to use Remixed.

I'm struggling with this a bit. I right click inject in the system tray, set it to dcs.exe in DCS World/bin, but it seems like nothing is happening, I still have the double vision effect. I can't rename LibRemixed 64 to LibRevive as a LibRevive file of the exact same name already exists within the folder.

Help would be appreciated!

Edit: SteamVR also opens whether or not I want it to, if I have it closed and try to launch without inject for experimental WMR support SteamVR launches anyways, if I have it on it would seem SteamVR takes over from Revive

Edited by Magikarpdrowned
Clarification

I'm struggling with this a bit. I right click inject in the system tray, set it to dcs.exe in DCS World/bin, but it seems like nothing is happening, I still have the double vision effect. I can't rename LibRemixed 64 to LibRevive as a LibRevive file of the exact same name already exists within the folder.

Help would be appreciated!

Edit: SteamVR also opens whether or not I want it to, if I have it closed and try to launch without inject for experimental WMR support SteamVR launches anyways, if I have it on it would seem SteamVR takes over from Revive

Renaming the file is a required step.

1. make backup copy of original LibRevive64_1.dll (for example rename it to LibRevive64_1.dll_backup)

2. rename "c:\Program Files\Revive\Revive\x64\LibRemixed64_1.dll" to LibRevive64_1.dll

Then try to inject.

Renaming the file is a required step.

1. make backup copy of original LibRevive64_1.dll (for example rename it to LibRevive64_1.dll_backup)

2. rename "c:\Program Files\Revive\Revive\x64\LibRemixed64_1.dll" to LibRevive64_1.dll

Then try to inject.

It works! For some reason though, my eyes still feel incredibly strained when I use it like this. Anyone else feel the same?

For me after using the inject function the picture is quite normal, the misalignment disappears and the eyes do not get tired. Only the resolution is apparently smaller.