Succseful Fighting in MP

MAD-MM

The MIG 29 is my first FC3 Jetfighter that i buy and actually try in MP...

But so far with limited success, i understand how RWR the Radar and other Stuff is Working..

But seems without knowing (my personal experience), the R-77 is not on paar with AIM-120C per example for high Altitude.

The next one i feel absolute blind without GCI Link, and not constant spam the AWACS without realy success.

Only left chasing down the Valleys with Electric Optical Sight hopefully catch something unaware?

Or is there more Professional Tactic that i Miss?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I guess the most limiting factor after you know your plane is being alone. Theres a need of wingman to be able to do more than just targets of opportunity. But maybe I am wrong.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

But so far with limited success, i understand how RWR the Radar and other Stuff is Working..

Do you actively search with radar using range/prf/elevation changes?

What about crunching/F-Pole maneuvers - are you familiar with that?

Seems like SA problem too - you'll get to it with hundreds of combat flight hours.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

This Guide helped me a lot .. and most of it applies to the MiG-29:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=150315&highlight=Santi+guide

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Do you actively search with radar using range/prf/elevation changes?

What about crunching/F-Pole maneuvers - are you familiar with that?

Seems like SA problem too - you'll get to it with hundreds of combat flight hours.

Thx Guys for the Reply's...

Yes understand how to use PRF for incoming and outbound Bandits and look down with Antenna elevation...

With Tactical Employment have to admit have now Clue what is F-Pole and so on...

My Personal feeling is get lured every time from the Enemy without GCI Link Absolut missing the overview what is going around me and constantly changing Altitude of the Bandits and where to Point my Nose to find something with the Radar or EO, in the meantime I get killed twice..

Seem to look out for more potent Wingman is not a bad Idear...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

The MIG 29 is my first FC3 Jetfighter that i buy and actually try in MP...

But seems without knowing (my personal experience), the R-77 is not on paar with AIM-120C per example for high Altitude.

The next one i feel absolute blind without GCI Link, and not constant spam the AWACS without realy success.

Only left chasing down the Valleys with Electric Optical Sight hopefully catch something unaware?

You already know some of this aircraft’s weaknesses...no data link, greater difficulty in maintaining situational awareness, weaker radar, etc. So minimize those and utilize her strengths. She’s quick into the air and has great acceleration and speed once there.

That being said, the more “professional” approach might be to use her as the short-range interceptor that she is. Rather than wandering blindly through valleys far from home, sit tight and wait for an AWACS call for something close to home. My preference would be to take off and circle close to home constantly searching the threat axis for anything coming in low while waiting for AWACS to announce the presence of the right targets.

Oh, and wingman would help both in the air or sitting under the wing playing cards.

Just my 2 cents.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.