MS FFB2 Not Showing correctly

Hi, for a few weeks my msff2 has been showing up in dcs and the game controller window as 4 axis 8 button joystick with hat swtich. This has been causing an issue for me in this and other sims as it isnt recognising it as the msffb2.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Suggest unplug , delete , replug for auto reinstall

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Suggest unplug , delete , replug for auto reinstall

Thanks, I tried doing that, removing the device, uninstalling the drivers but to no avail :(

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Hazzer,

I use an FFB2 (grey trigger version) but I have no problems with it other than that it's kind of hit and miss when plugging it into USB3 ports. But when that acts up it doesn't get recognised at all by the pc.

I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to drivers, but i can at least show you what i see at my end so you can compare:

msffb2Driver_zpsgeo2gro1.jpg

Since the Sidewinder should be recognised by windows itself, could it be that something got overridden in the drivers or settings? Did you install any usb related drivers etc. that may have started this behaviour? Do you have any new peripherals that might be interfering somehow? Did you modify your stick in any way? (Shouldn't have to be a problem, mine got married with an old thrustmaster X-Fighter grip.)

I'm sorry i can't be of more specific help. What i can suggest you do is try plugging it into another pc if you haven't already. At least then you can get an idea if the problem lies with your pc or the stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Hazzer,

I use an FFB2 (grey trigger version) but I have no problems with it other than that it's kind of hit and miss when plugging it into USB3 ports. But when that acts up it doesn't get recognised at all by the pc.

I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to drivers, but i can at least show you what i see at my end so you can compare:

msffb2Driver_zpsgeo2gro1.jpg

Since the Sidewinder should be recognised by windows itself, could it be that something got overridden in the drivers or settings? Did you install any usb related drivers etc. that may have started this behaviour? Do you have any new peripherals that might be interfering somehow? Did you modify your stick in any way? (Shouldn't have to be a problem, mine got married with an old thrustmaster X-Fighter grip.)

I'm sorry i can't be of more specific help. What i can suggest you do is try plugging it into another pc if you haven't already. At least then you can get an idea if the problem lies with your pc or the stick.

Thanks for the help! It's really strange nothing has changed at all just one day on boot it stopped recognising it as the ffb2, it still works but it's annoying as the hardware id has changed and it doesn't function in other Sims now

What moba are you on. I got a Asus Z270E gaming with only USB3 ports. Same on all ports. It works just fine on my laptop. Gonna update my laptop with all windows updates and see if there is any changes.

I see others have had this issue a few years ago though so it's hard to say. Mine is a fresh Windows install. Kind of has to be a bug though. Can't put it right in 2 places (devices and device manager) and something different in the game controller setting

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Ok so this worked for me.

I found the registry entry on my laptop, exported that and imported it on the other comp. Voila it works. It shows as Msffb in DCS and the game controllers. If its just the name or actually works in other sims. im not sure so appreciate a report

Ive added the reg file this is for windows 10. dont know if it works on any other windows.

Backup your registry with "regedit" before you add this.

Start regedit

Right click computer on top and choose export.

Unplug the MS FFB

Unzip / Add the reg file. (see attachment)

sidewinder test1.rar

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Ok so this worked for me.

I found the registry entry on my laptop, exported that and imported it on the other comp. Voila it works. It shows as Msffb in DCS and the game controllers. If its just the name or actually works in other sims. im not sure so appreciate a report

Ive added the reg file this is for windows 10. dont know if it works on any other windows.

Backup your registry with "regedit" before you add this.

Start regedit

Right click computer on top and choose export.

Unplug the MS FFB

Unzip / Add the reg file. (see attachment)

Omg thank you you are a hero!!!! It works in dcs and with everything. Cheers :)