HUD Color change in real-life?

tn_prvteye

I have no idea why I don't know this. I've studied Modern Combat Aircraft for over 40 years, and I have no idea if this is a real thing. I know you can do it in Sims, but I guess I always thought it was for gaming reasons. So can you actually change the HUD color on real aircraft? Only some? Russian/American/European? Or is this a concession to PC limitations? I'm ashamed I have to ask this at my age. :doh:

No, generally you can't as there are only two modes. Day and night modes, sometimes the night mode has a different color.

But you can't cycle different colors as you wish in a real aircraft. The color comes from the electron tube, changing its color isn't possible while you're flying the aircraft.

Green is by far the best color in most cases. It's the most visible color for a human eye.

Modern HUDs can be colored, but so far I haven't seen any colored HUD in an aircraft, only in cars.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro