BK-90 Range

Tyrant07

Since the update to the BK-90 I am unable to get a valid In range launch indication any further out then 7km from the target way point. 7Km pretty much puts you right in most SAM threats unfortunately.

To get this range I am at 500m and M 0.9 at launch, which per the manual is its release envelope.

I remember being able to get 10km shots in the previous version, or am i not remembering correctly?

Have any of you guys been able to get a 10km range and get valid effects on target since the update? if so, what are your launch parameters?

Have any of you guys been able to get a 10km range and get valid effects on target since the update? if so, what are your launch parameters?

On this video, I get the distance line at a bit less than 10 Km .. but I chose to get a bit nearer, before launching at 7 km range.

xxwl1GUIOjE

release parameters were M 0.75 and 350 meters altitude.

If there are SAMs, try to arrange a SU-25 SEAD attack prior to yours.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Interesting. I see you chose to launch right as the line appeared/started closing instead of waiting for it to be within the max distance markers. Looks like it still worked great though.

I guess I'll do more testing with launching before the time line hits the max markers and see what happens.

Before the update, launching when the line was outside the markers made the BK-90 glide harmlessly over the target not doing anything. I haven't tested launching early since the update. Still, one should launch within the parameters...

That's something I'd like to test as well, but didn't yet.

Back then when the Viggen was new, I tried to do something unusual to extend the BK M90 range by just dropping them from 2000m or generally higher altitudes. After finding out the rough parameters, I managed to give them a good dlideslope over the target, but they didn't fire off the submunitions. I wonder how the real thing would work in that case. The only real limitation I could see would be a battery running out of juice, which commonly is a range limiter for some missiles like the Mavericks IRL.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg