Inserting data cartridge in VR

Phantomflyer65

Is there a key command for inserting the data cartridge? When in VR, I use the head look function and not the mouse. It's hard to crank your head around to look at the cartridge slot. I usually map these hard to reach functions to a an unused switch on the WH throttle but I couldn't see a key command for inserting the data cartridge. Anyone else come across this issue? Thanks for any help you can offer

Jon

Edited by Phantomflyer65

Go to DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Input\keyboard or joystick, depending on where you want to map it

Open the file default.lua

Put this snipped in there; I put mine in between the "-- test radio squelch" and "-- Synced from joystick" blocks at the bottom of the keyboard file:

-- test data cartridge

{down = 3925, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINEPANEL, value_down = 1.0, name = _("Data Cartridge - Insert"), category = _("Navigation")},

{down = 3925, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINEPANEL, value_down = 0.0, name = _("Data Cartridge - Remove"), category = _("Navigation")},

And save. Couldn't find a quick way to have a toggle, you you'll have to map 2 keys in the Navigation section called Data Cartridge - Insert and Remove respectively. Checked it on keyboard and both worked there twilightsmile.png

You might want to keep a backup of the original file as well as the modified one - DCS updates can overwrite these files when HB changes them, hopefully to add things like this one. I tend to have these files as a JSMGE mod and update mine when something changes, keeping DCS clean by just disabling the mod when updating.

Edit just for the curious: I found the IDs in DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\clickabledata.lua by looking for data / cartrigde:

elements["PNT_DATA"] = default_animated_lever(_("Insert/Remove Data Cartridge"), devices.ENGINEPANEL, 3925, 4200, 1.5, 1.0)

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...