Tomahawk Launcher

Iberian

In the previous version, when the Silkworm Missile was added, they also added a Tomahawk Launcher based on the MLRS chasis to the US.

The Tomahawk Launcher is now missing/no longer available under the US.

Would love to see it back, it was fun using it with combined arms.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...
In the previous version, when the Silkworm Missile was added, they also added a Tomahawk Launcher based on the MLRS chasis to the US.

The Tomahawk Launcher is now missing/no longer available under the US.

Would love to see it back, it was fun using it with combined arms.

The thing is it's not real, the closest thing to it is the BGM-109G GLCM which is a ground-launched, nuclear-armed version of the Tomahawk, and it is fired from a trailer mounted TEL. The BGM-190G was banned under the INF treaty in 1987.

As far as I know this is the only Tomahawk variant that has a land-based launcher, every other version (i.e the one's actually present in DCS) are fired from naval units (the ones in DCS should really have an RGM designation instead of BGM.

And no M270 MLRS is able to or has ever fired a Tomahawk of any variant. So the vehicle was complete fiction from the get go.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.