What prep work are you doing for the f-14 arrival? What modules to practise in?

Mukai92

Hey, so I've been practising my carrier landings and carrier operations in the F/A-18, I've gotten to where i can land reliably now (mostly :) ). I know that its a FBW aircraft so its not a true representation of what the f-14 will be like but I'm hoping the procedures at least will transfer over. Also I'm flying the Viggen about, as its going to play a role in naval strike ops, that and I can't seem to go a few weeks without taking it out for a spin :)

What are you guys currently flying? Are you using anything in prep for the F-14 or are you flying something completely different so that the F-14 will be a breath of fresh air?

Is there anything else you are using for prep? Watching Topgun or listening to Dangerzone perhaps? :)

Spending time in the Huey, practicing staying a stable over, so can scoop up dead RIO's from the ocean.

Too soon......

tumblr_mvg5hclQgS1qdj4i3o6_250.gif

.....Also probably going to happen a whole lot once this module releases, especially since i heard that they have jet-wash modelled........ I pity poor Jester sitting behind me for my first few flights, I'll need you on speed-dial haha :megalol:

What are you guys currently flying? Are you using anything in prep for the F-14 or are you flying something completely different so that the F-14 will be a breath of fresh air?

I was learning the F-18 since its release, but then changed to the Mig-29 while waiting for the F-18 to be developed a bit further ... :)

I purchased the Tomcat, but really dont think about it, I will start learning it when it arrives, not before.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Also flying the F-5 in prep for the Tomcat...get used to looking down for Airspeed & Alt etc, no fancy HUD's here! Not sure how active/useful Jester is going to be in this area.

Oh and Mirage to practice A-A Refuel..

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have Top Gun on an endless loop... I'm working on my Volleyball moves next... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Building Missions!

Anything along the lines of ships becoming disabled and wandering into foreign territory? :pilotfly:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just fired up SF2NA and lobbed some AIM-54A at MiG-23M, Tu-16 and Tu-95s... I'll so celebrate when I finally can do that in DCS, but I guess we'll have to wait quite some time to be able to down Badgers rdlaugh.png

Maybe I'll even fire up DosBox again and do that Crimea campaign of the Jane's series that I never finished as a child... still remember how one of those guys in the briefing cutscenes was telling how great the Su-33 is twi-notbad.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Anything along the lines of ships becoming disabled and wandering into foreign territory? :pilotfly:

How did you guess?!?!

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Watching amazing videos like these:

Edited by Ifikratis

| JF-16 Thunder | F-16C Viper | F-14A/B Tomcat | F/A-18C Hornet | AV-8B N/A Harrier II | AJS-37 Viggen | M-2000C | F-5E Tiger II | A-10C Watrhog | F-86F Sabre | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer | MiG-21bis | FC3 | L-39 Albatros | C-101 Aviojet | SA342 Gazelle | Mi-24P Hind | Mi-8MTV2 | UH-1H Huey | Ka-50 Black Shark |  P-51D Mustang | P-47 Thunderbolt | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw 190 A-8 | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Yak-52 | I-16 | Christen Eagle II | Persian Gulf Map | Nevada Test and Training Range | Normandy 1944 | Syria Map | Channel Map | NS 430

Mission building for a F-14 campaign. First time I've messed with a flight Sim since 2011 I believe. That was when I stopped playing Jane's F/A-18, I was quite active in the early and mid 2000s with mission and campaign building with that community, forgot how fun it is to build missions.

Just flying and learning the F-18 a bit and we'll see later as I'll skip the F-14 initially. Depends on if it's in some nice bundle deals down the road ;)

Watching amazing videos like these:

Nice briefer and interesting stories, thanks! :)

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

L39 for multicrew testing ;)

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah. I had to create a target profile for the thruatmaster to have it press the default buttons, and can't use rudder pedals, but other than that it works great.

Fleet defender is on Steam and works great straight out the box.

It's surprisingly immersive. Good representation of the AWG-9 radar, gameplay is great, good wingmen that hold proper USN formations like parade, cruise and combat spread (we need these in DCS), and a working LSO.....

Give it a try everyone.

While you're at it, try DI's Tornado... Heatblur seriously need to make a 80's/90's Tonka happen.