What prep work are you doing for the f-14 arrival? What modules to practise in?

Mukai92

Just bought the Screaming Eagles Collection on Steam to get Fleet Defender. Didn't have it back then rainbowdashwink.png

I'm pretty sure this runs in a preconfigured DosBox like most of the Dos games on gog or Steam.

This package also has "Gunship!" which probably is the best AH-64D sim out there until ED will bring us such a module eventually which I guess they will. After all they've made contracts with Boeing not just for the Hornet. And I'm sure Wags can make sure we'll get a proper sim close enough to the real thing (talk about that Westinghouse millimeter wave radar) without violating classified top secret things. After all even Origin skink Works was able to work together with Boeing when making Longbow 1, Gold and 2. I guess Microprose did the same. It's probably about how close to the real thing the simulation gets wheter it's possible to make or not. I'm confident that Wags will be able (or already has been, who knows?) to negotiate things. We're having good simulations of a 2005 Hornet (in development) and a 2009 A-10C after all and those are alright with the US DoD and the producing companies.

DI's Tornado is also pretty awesome, but as of yet, I haven't been able to make a throttle axis work in DosBox, stick and rudder work though. But I guess Heatblur's next module will make this obsolete as well dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Browsing the local discount book store I found this:

LSg9TyP.jpg

Got my reading sorted for a few days and for only £6 too, a bargain :)

I actually have this manual on the way to me, picked it up for about the same price as you. Hopefully it'll give me some useful info :)

I actually have this manual on the way to me, picked it up for about the same price as you. Hopefully it'll give me some useful info :)

The store had a lot more Haynes Manuals for aircraft but the wife would have objected to me throwing out her clothes to get them into the suitcase for the flight home :D

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

The store had a lot more Haynes Manuals for aircraft but the wife would have objected to me throwing out her clothes to get them into the suitcase for the flight home :D

You can imagine the look I will get from the missus when our shipment of wedding bits and bobs arrive and this is amongst them :lol: :lol: