New Fulcrum PFM is very susceptible to PIO and excessive bounce.

DmitriKozlowsky

Slats are automatically controlled. There is no pilot directed slat deployment. Perhaps you meant flaps. I deploy FlapsDown at 400 and FlapsLanding at 330, and TD with 270 IAS. But now Mig-29 bounces a lot, PITCH is extremely sensitive and prone to PIO. I adjusted my Pitch axis curve to 45 from 25, and it is still very sensitive.

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky

No I meant slats, they automatically deploy at a larger AOA than they automatically retract, i think it’s about 10 and 7 degrees respectively. However with landing gear deployed I believe slats are always down.

As Vatikus said less than 5 m/s and less than 11 AOA on touchdown, there’s a thread around here that has a video of a real mig-29 pilot landing the DCS PFM as part of ED’s testing, you’lol find it in one of the big threads of this sub forum lately

Edit: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222228&page=3

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

The Mig-29 has some things in common to the Mig-21 in terms of the Flight control design. One of the thing to watch out for is the Feel Unit. If this light is on, and since we can't have the real live feed back pilots have, the controls will be more sensitive.

[ATTACH]196555[/ATTACH]

From the DCS Mig-21 manual

[ATTACH]196556[/ATTACH]

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Be aware of slat behavior, deploy at,roughly 10 degrees AoA but stay on until 7 degrees. Keep approach speed over the fence 300kpm and no less than 250kmh at touchdown

I believe they deploy at 7-8 and retract at 5 degrees.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

See attachment.

Yes. I'm talking about the sim. But, then again, I'm only going by when the cockpit indicator light turns on and off. Haven't checked the external view to see if it coincides.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thats all good and fine, regarding slats programme. Still does not help me to not bounce like Flubber when my main touches runway.

AOA 10-11

IAS 290kph at threshhold 270kph at T/D

Stores: empty or 2X R-73 on outer pylons

Fuel: 500-1000 kg TTL

And what's you're sink rate at the point of contact? It's too high, whatever it is. But, you're right, she will bounce. It's a little known fact that the Russians incorporated rubber technology into the aircraft to lower the RCS.

Anyway, here's a track that may or may not help. It's not the smoothest of landings. Made with the latest update. Ignore the first minute or so where I was trying to figure out what my dog wanted.

EDIT: Here's a short video from the track (in case it doesn't play back correctly) focusing on the HUD, VVI, and AoA Indicator:

MiG-29S Landing1.trk

Edited by Ironhand

_____

If you're bouncing it means you're hitting too hard, full stop. The FM may influence it, but the #1 determinate is your vertical speed. 5ms is MAXIMUM. You should TRY to touchdown 1-2ms, or in general as gently as possible. Guaranteed you will not 'bounce' if you touchdown gently. It does seem to wobble a bit in the above video, but the gentler you touch, the better it will be. Also watch your weight. Most aircraft land with minimal fuel and stores.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

exactly if she bounces, you're not gentle enough, which means sink rate is to high in the moment of touchdown. Even ironhands landing as he said himself is still on the rougher side

If you watch sour sink rate and your aoa there are no issues - at least in my case

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Yes. I'm talking about the sim. But, then again, I'm only going by when the cockpit indicator light turns on and off. Haven't checked the external view to see if it coincides.

And, so, they don't coincide. While the cockpit indicator illuminates as soon as the slats begin to extend (at around 9°), it doesn't extinguish until they completely retract. They begin to retract at 7° as the manual indicates.

_____

+1 on the sink rate (1-2m/sec); the final flare should take you there (no rhyme originally intended).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The MiG-29 is fairly easy and simple to land...

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think the problem is my technique. I land F-5E, Mig-21, and AV-8B, without a problem. There are two issues with Mig-29 PFM (both A & S). First is pitch control. I use X56, and my pitch curve for -29PFM is 40. Normally it is 25. So a pixel's worth of pitch deflection, as seen in on screen stick control, causes inordinate amount of pitch. Second is exaggerated bounce. There are two types of bad bounce. First is main gear bounce, due to excessive VV. Second, more insidious one, and one that does not make sense, is front gear bounce and rebounce, with each one picking up more energy, untill A/C is back in the air, despite throttle down to idle, and drogue chute out. Like Flubber from Disney.

The pitch thing is related to the leading edge flaps....the moment they deploy the nose pitches up suddenly.

Whether that signifies cause and effect I don't know - but watching real-life in-cockpit Mig-29 footage (the rear facing videos where you can see the LEFs deploy during maneuvering) I haven't yet seen anything like the behaviour of our 29.

The flight model is still being worked on so maybe this is all v0.99 gremlins.

I don't think the problem is my technique. I land F-5E, Mig-21, and AV-8B, without a problem. There are two issues with Mig-29 PFM (both A & S). First is pitch control. I use X56, and my pitch curve for -29PFM is 40. Normally it is 25. So a pixel's worth of pitch deflection, as seen in on screen stick control, causes inordinate amount of pitch. Second is exaggerated bounce. There are two types of bad bounce. First is main gear bounce, due to excessive VV. Second, more insidious one, and one that does not make sense, is front gear bounce and rebounce, with each one picking up more energy, untill A/C is back in the air, despite throttle down to idle, and drogue chute out. Like Flubber from Disney.

The main on the current MiG bounce if you land too fast, but I have never had the nose wheel bounce. I don't believe that is n issue with the MiG-29.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're spinning the wheels here. Post a track or it didn't happen.

As for the pitch - yes, it's sensitive. Be gentle. I didn't hear any SME complaining.

And remember there's a big difference between the landing where you just don't break anything and the perfect landing.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Second, more insidious one, and one that does not make sense, is front gear bounce and rebounce, with each one picking up more energy, untill A/C is back in the air, despite throttle down to idle, and drogue chute out. Like Flubber from Disney.

Yes, I've had a front wheel bounce. My solution is not to loose the stick after the main landing gear hits the ground. Even it's ok to keep the stick all the time. That's why I found 65 knots to lift the front wheel. :P https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223311

Yes, I've had a front wheel bounce. My solution is not to loose the stick after the main landing gear hits the ground. Even it's ok to keep the stick all the time.

It's not OK. It's mandatory. From manual > normal procedures > normal landing: "At touchdown, reduce power to idle, maintaining stick position and deploy chute." and also "NOTE: At excessive touchdown speeds, the aircraft has a tendency to bounce."

You can't just leave the stick or let the nose slam into the ground.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria