Any update today?

skoner

What is DCS World Early Access?

Early Access is an option for you to play this module in an early state, but it will be incomplete with bugs. The time a product remains in Early Access can vary widely based on the scope of the project, technical hurdles, and how complete the module is when it enters Early Access. Eagle Dynamics and all of our third parties strive to make this period as short as possible. An Early Access module can be played on both the Open Beta and Release versions of DCS World. Once the module exits Early Access, you will automatically have the Release version.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Wags said in his recent mini update, that there are delays.

Read the update again. The delays only refer to F and G Mavs.

As mentioned in a recent newsletter, we are pushing hard for JHMCS with AIM-9X support, Maverick, FPAS page, and corrected A/A antenna logic after undesignated button lock release. All is looking good, but the AGM-65F and G versions will unfortunately not be ready until next month.

The above reads to me that much if not all (aside from aforementioned Mavs) should have made it into an update this month. Since OB updates are 2 weeks, it would appear not a single one of these things is going to make it.

And fwiw, "early access" has nothing to do with it, so stop it. It's really boring. The only things are being questioned are things that ED said them selves we should be expecting, nothing more. No-one here is expecting a feature complete Hornet tomorrow.

I'm cool with it. I'd rather they release it in a usable state then something that is buggy or not working properly just so they can meet a deadline.

I'm enjoying the Hornet immensely, especially some of the mods / training missions recently released for carrier landings etc.

Perhaps if you flew more you'd be upset about it. If I flew once every two weeks I suppose it would all seem new to me too, but I fly multiple times a day. :thumbup:

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Look, for all intents and purposes, the thing has been released...

No, it hasn't.

You people with "I want it all now" slay me.

Early Access.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Look, for all intents and purposes, the thing has been released...I've paid my $80, the glossy promotion videos are out there...

Early Access shouldn't be a catch all label or excuse for slow progress.

We understand it's complex and takes time, but we were told that stuff like the FPAS page, LTWS, etc were being worked on back in July and still no sign and there's still a ton load other features to do.

At this rate EA will last about 4-5 years, and I think that's why some of us are getting frustrated and losing faith. It's not ungrateful or impatient to ask for more frequent useful updates.

+1 Exactly. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

After not seeing any new video's posted by Wags this week on the JHMCS, I pretty much figured it wasn't coming this week. We could still see it by the end of October but it is what it is for now. If its release is pushed to two weeks from now while getting the Maverick F and G sorted out in that timeframe, it could be a very welcome big update.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

+2 with Bonedust. I understant what is early acces. But progress must by made at some time at least something. The overall progess Hornet is just too slow for Company like ED. For me F18 is TOP module from ED and it deserves top attention from devs maybe ?

Edited by Flia

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

so abt abt f18 :(

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Very frustrated with the lack of a Hornet patch and the lack of some communication (Did things hit a snag? Will it come out Friday instead? 31st instead? Never? Tomorrow? If it wasn't a likely release then why tease us with it?).

I've been pretty patient and a vocal supporter of ED, early access in general and the pace of development since the Hornet was released, pre-purchased it ONLY because I have/had a lot of faith in ED as a developer to introduce updates to the Hornet at a steady pace, I've been a fan and supporter since A10C Beta days. They came out of the gates strong after Hornet release with the first handful of patches for the Hornet, but things have really slowed down to almost a standstill and it's starting to get frustrating.

I'm aware that there are some very complex tasks to tackle to move forward with the bigger systems (ATFLIR, A2G radar, etc) and I'll remain patient on that stuff, but there's plenty of softball stuff they could give us in the meantime (like buddy lased LGBs...) to keep the players entertained and feeling that we aren't getting burned on the $80 module we purchased. From an outsiders perspective, priorities at ED just don't seem to be on the Hornet anymore and that is frustrating.

I'm not one to pick up a pitch fork, I'm not one of the "I want it all right now" people, I'm still a big fan of early access, so maybe someone in the right position will read this and take note that some of the people who are/were strong supporters of ED are starting to feel alienated by the seemingly strange priorities. I'm losing faith in ED. Might seem over-dramatic, but we can only form our opinions based on ED's interaction with the community and with the pace of released updates.

No, it hasn't.

You people with "I want it all now" slay me.

Early Access.

Come on Mower, you don't have to play nice. ED is not going to get you to beta test because you're nice. You are a customer and have a right to voice your opinion. Knowing you the way I do there's no doubt in my mind that you have the same opinion as me. The progress has been far too slow on the Hornet. ED isn't even fixing small bugs or they're not putting the fixes in the change log; which have been incomplete before.

I love the hornet and think Ed is putting out a nice bit of work; but after months of basically nothing I am disappointed, and the "early access" argument doesn't work anymore.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Sometimes I hope developers would push out the updates in the periodic manner with tight schedule, just to shut up the demanding "testers", so they can experience all the fun with all the bugs that comes with the tight schedule... Regardless that the aircraft would be unflyable or make whole computer crash without reason, it would be what they deserve....

Seriously, when there is something major to be developed before a something minor can be implemented, then multiple minor features gets on hold while the major part is done at the background. That can mean longer silent weeks as there is a bottleneck.

We all likely have other modules in the hangar to fly if one week there is nothing coming out. We can as well go back to fly the previous added features etc.

Being part of the Early Access means that we are testers. And one of the most important skill of tester is their patience. As they need to test, re-test and re-test stuff that doesn't interest and what has already done on the last version. You need to go through all the things that some new code is affecting, to find out there ain't new bugs.

So patience is what is required more from the Early Access users than those who wait something come out from Early Access.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

+2 with Bonedust. I understant what is early acces. But progress must by made at some time at least something. The overall progess Hornet is just too slow for Company like ED. For me F18 is TOP module from ED and it deserves top attention from devs maybe ?

+1

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Very frustrated with the lack of a Hornet patch and the lack of some communication (Did things hit a snag? Will it come out Friday instead? 31st instead? Never? Tomorrow? If it wasn't a likely release then why tease us with it?).

I've been pretty patient and a vocal supporter of ED, early access in general and the pace of development since the Hornet was released, pre-purchased it ONLY because I have/had a lot of faith in ED as a developer to introduce updates to the Hornet at a steady pace, I've been a fan and supporter since A10C Beta days. They came out of the gates strong after Hornet release with the first handful of patches for the Hornet, but things have really slowed down to almost a standstill and it's starting to get frustrating.

I'm aware that there are some very complex tasks to tackle to move forward with the bigger systems (ATFLIR, A2G radar, etc) and I'll remain patient on that stuff, but there's plenty of softball stuff they could give us in the meantime (like buddy lased LGBs...) to keep the players entertained and feeling that we aren't getting burned on the $80 module we purchased. From an outsiders perspective, priorities at ED just don't seem to be on the Hornet anymore and that is frustrating.

I'm not one to pick up a pitch fork, I'm not one of the "I want it all right now" people, I'm still a big fan of early access, so maybe someone in the right position will read this and take note that some of the people who are/were strong supporters of ED are starting to feel alienated by the seemingly strange priorities. I'm losing faith in ED. Might seem over-dramatic, but we can only form our opinions based on ED's interaction with the community and with the pace of released updates.

Very level headed and well voiced. I also understand its early access before anyone jumps on me. However, I agree that communication from ED has seemed to slow down. And for an EA module to miss out on its bi weekly update is a bit unsettling. Im not even talking about the addition of Mavs or FPAS or JHMCS. Im taking the ever ongoing bugs with the radar.... Not only was hinted content not included, but bug fixes that where marked "fixed" 2 weeks ago have also somehow been pushed back yet again.

cant believe that there are still guys complaining about the progress of the Hornet and communication from ED.

Wags gave you a quite detailed plan of what is being working on and what they will move to right after. He even showed you the split of the ressources they had.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3661070&postcount=80

WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE?

Somebody better call the wahmbulance. :lol:

Guys, don't you think ED are working on this as fast as they can? They aren't sitting around twiddling their thumbs making paper aeroplanes and trying to throw balls of paper into the trash can from across the office.

But shit happens with coding complex stuff like this (often) and who knows what kind of stuff is going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to. You bought an early access product now have some patience. ED want this thing finished and out the door as fast as they can too. So they can sell you their next early access product which you'll also whine about. :lol:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

cant believe that there are still guys complaining about the progress of the Hornet and communication from ED.

Wags gave you a quite detailed plan of what is being working on and what they will move to right after. He even showed you the split of the ressources they had.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3661070&postcount=80

WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE?

And that very thread said to expect several things this month, and it looks like we might get none of them. So an update might be nice, and that's the point of this thread. Jesus.

I really don't get how so many people confuse "could we have an update as it looks like the time frame you gave us has slipped" with "GRWRARAH GIVE ALL THE THINGS TO ME NOW". Can you really not tell the difference?

And that very thread said to expect several things this month, and it looks like we might get none of them. So an update might be nice, and that's the point of this thread. Jesus.

I really don't get how so many people confuse "could we have an update as it looks like the time frame you gave us has slipped" with "GRWRARAH GIVE ALL THE THINGS TO ME NOW". Can you really not tell the difference?

the month ends on the 24th on your planet?

Edited by TomCatMucDe

Come on Mower, you don't have to play nice. ED is not going to get you to beta test because you're nice. You are a customer and have a right to voice your opinion. Knowing you the way I do there's no doubt in my mind that you have the same opinion as me. The progress has been far too slow on the Hornet. ED isn't even fixing small bugs or they're not putting the fixes in the change log; which have been incomplete before.

I love the hornet and think Ed is putting out a nice bit of work; but after months of basically nothing I am disappointed, and the "early access" argument doesn't work anymore.

+1

After all of this time we dont even have a working a2a radar which is bugged , I also think that with all the income that ED got from us customer who bought the F18 they should add some more people to develop this plane.

As per Matt's statement :

We, for the most part, have four guys working on Hornet systems and here is what they are working on:

1- JHMCS. Afterward he moves on to the HARM.

2- AGM-65E. Once done, then AGM-65F and G.

3- A/A radar antenna. When complete, then LTWS.

4- FPAS page. Then after that, then probably “soft lock” IFF or Data Link / SA page.

I mean 4 guys, 4 working on all of this stuff?

:noexpression:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black