skoner

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

After all of this time we dont even have a working a2a radar which is bugged , I also think that with all the income that ED got from us customer who bought the F18 they should add some more people to develop this plane.

As per Matt's statement :

We, for the most part, have four guys working on Hornet systems and here is what they are working on:

1- JHMCS. Afterward he moves on to the HARM.

2- AGM-65E. Once done, then AGM-65F and G.

3- A/A radar antenna. When complete, then LTWS.

4- FPAS page. Then after that, then probably “soft lock” IFF or Data Link / SA page.

I mean 4 guys, 4 working on all of this stuff?

:noexpression:

Yes sir! :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Do you think it might be you who doesn't understand?

We get it just fine.

+1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Somebody better call the wahmbulance. :lol:

Guys, don't you think ED are working on this as fast as they can? They aren't sitting around twiddling their thumbs making paper aeroplanes and trying to throw balls of paper into the trash can from across the office.

But shit happens with coding complex stuff like this (often) and who knows what kind of stuff is going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to. You bought an early access product now have some patience. ED want this thing finished and out the door as fast as they can too. So they can sell you their next early access product which you'll also whine about. :lol:

I understand but when you see nearly no improvements or fixes in 2 months its concerning. Something that atleast sounds as simple as stopping the radar scan bug that not one other module in dcs has and or ever had. And lets be honest most of us that have been fans of the f18 since it was anounced years ago already bought the hornet. ED had the big payday from the majority that where ever going to purchase it. From a business standpoint it makes sense that it isnt prioritized as high afterwards. But i remain hopefull.

Come on Mower, you don't have to play nice. ED is not going to get you to beta test because you're nice.

Oh that was never to be regardless, certain key people at ED hate my guts for my well voiced criticism of LOMAC in years past.

BTW I'd love to fly more but between work and bad luck with electronics lately it aint easy. TIR still out of action and I refuse to fly without it.

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

At least i had hoped the fixed the radar so it does not get stuck all the time.

This! I was hoping for the same thing. For some people probably not a big deal but for me its really annoying

Now another 2 weeks to wait.....

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Why is everybody thinking the next OB patch is coming in 2 weeks? They did weekly patches before for the OB, why shouldn't they do it this time? There is a whole week until this month is over, you can start screaming then!

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

If you wanted a working product with no ability to dogfight on multiplayer servers, have lag up the wazzoo, and no ability to do formation flying, VRS has a BUG, but you're not going to be able to enjoy the play that DCS offers.

I get the frustration, but looking at the alternatives, and how far DCS has come since 2008, I don't think there's a platform that can match it.

So I will drink my adult beverage and be happy with the fact that I have a Charlie model that still needs maintenance, just like in real life.

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

https://www.cag-51.org/contact

You know the kid in the back seat screaming every two minutes...ARE WE THERE YET!!!

He grew up to buy early access in DCS.

….and there's the kid who says nothing and grows up in a world where his car never get fixed because he's too afraid to open his mouth to the mechanic. The kids who is never critical of ED because he hopes that one day they'll recognize his complacency and get him to beta test so he'll be on the inside of a world that to him is magical where he'll enjoy eating rainbow coloured unicorn doo doo :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

….and there's the kid who says nothing and grows up in a world where his car never get fixed because he's too afraid to open his mouth to the mechanic. The kids who is never critical of ED because he hopes that one day they'll recognize his complacency and get him to beta test so he'll be on the inside of a world that to him is magical where he'll enjoy eating rainbow coloured unicorn doo doo :thumbup:

I was an auto mechanic.

I'll also speak up before you will when I know it will do some good. A lesson you never learned.

Buzz

Oh that was never to be regardless, certain key people at ED hate my guts for my well voiced criticism of LOMAC in years past.

BTW I'd love to fly more but between work and bad luck with electronics lately it aint easy. TIR still out of action and I refuse to fly without it.

I understand bud. Someone must be selling their TIR with so many switching to VR. You should be able to get one for a reasonable price. Have you checked on the wing?

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

I understand but when you see nearly no improvements or fixes in 2 months its concerning. Something that atleast sounds as simple as stopping the radar scan bug that not one other module in dcs has and or ever had. And lets be honest most of us that have been fans of the f18 since it was anounced years ago already bought the hornet. ED had the big payday from the majority that where ever going to purchase it. From a business standpoint it makes sense that it isnt prioritized as high afterwards. But i remain hopefull.

Just chill and let them work. What are you concerned about? That they aren't working on it? I find the bugs just as annoying as you. But its the reality of buying a not finished product that stuff will be broken, New stuff will break things that used to work, and the fix for that bug will break something else. If you didn't want to put yourself in this position then you shouldn't have bought EA. Its really as simple as that. Wags has already explained what people are working on, The radar scan bug is already fixed internally as is noted in the Bug section of this forum. It will all be alright in the end, just give it some time.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

So true! :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Explain it to me then.

Sure. Learn some patience. Your whining is falling on deaf ears.

Do you really think threads like this speed up progress?

They can't release what isn't finished. They're not going slow to just annoy you.

Wags never gave a date

Want some more?

Buzz

The OB update cycle is typically 2 weeks. If we get something sooner (or not), it would be nice to know. That is, and only ever was, the point of this thread. I seriously do not understand what the point in the hostility is all about.

+1 no need for all the fighting, today was just the last day for new features in the normal cycle that's been followed for months now. It would've taken one sentence from Wags or NineLine to reset expectations that were fairly obviously being held since the October timeline was announced. They might still release in October with a special patch but a little communication goes a long way.

Yet more and more examples of why i'm not a people person. Wag's has provided what's coming down the pipeline, has explained that it would take some time, and other things will be worked on in parallel. He even told us how many devs are working on items, which items they're working on, and even what items they will work on after the previous items are complete. People still complain/wonder why no big updates have been released. ED has explained that they had to redo their FLIR rendering, and lost their A2G radar dev. Yet people still complain/wonder. smh:doh:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Sure. Learn some patience. Your whining is falling on deaf ears.

Do you really think threads like this speed up progress?

They can't release what isn't finished. They're not going slow to just annoy you.

Want some more?

That is not, nor ever was, the point of this thread. If you don't understand that by now I can't help you.

Just chill and let them work. What are you concerned about? That they aren't working on it? I find the bugs just as annoying as you. But its the reality of buying a not finished product that stuff will be broken, New stuff will break things that used to work, and the fix for that bug will break something else. If you didn't want to put yourself in this position then you shouldn't have bought EA. Its really as simple as that. Wags has already explained what people are working on, The radar scan bug is already fixed internally as is noted in the Bug section of this forum. It will all be alright in the end, just give it some time.

i fully agree - it's ready when ist ready

for me the bugs or missing items are also frustrating, but not having it already in my hangar would be also painful to be honest :)

i understand that People (also me of course) are awaiting features or bugs to get fixed to get more joy on the plane, but it can't be forced and patience is needed now.

Intel i7-9700K @4.7 Ghz ° Win 11 64bit Pro ° 32Gb DDR4 3000mhz ° 1Gb Samsung 970 Evo plus Nvme M.2 ° RTX 2070 super ° Virpil WarBrd and Constellation Stick & TM Warthog Throttle ° TM pedals ° 5120x1440 samsung 49" monitor

Yet more and more examples of why i'm not a people person. Wag's has provided what's coming down the pipeline, has explained that it would take some time, and other things will be worked on in parallel. He even told us how many devs are working on items, which items they're working on, and even what items they will work on after the previous items are complete. People still complain/wonder why no big updates have been released. ED has explained that they had to redo their FLIR rendering, and lost their A2G radar dev. Yet people still complain/wonder. smh:doh:

He also said to expect those things this month, during a cycle that would typically result in us getting them today. Since that's not happened, this thread was started to politely ask for an update.

Instead the fanboys descended upon this thread and completely ruined it.