Right DDI PB3 will trigger the weapon select switch AFT animation on the stick

BarTzi

The weapon select switch will move to the back position on the stick once you press PB 3 on the right DDI.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Press PB 3 on the right DDI while observing the weapon select switch on the stick.

2. The switch will move towards the pilot each time you press PB 3.

Go into settings and make sure the weapon select function isn't mapped to multiple controllers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Go into settings and make sure the weapon select function isn't mapped to multiple controllers.

It's not. The bug is not the result of duplicate keys. It triggers the animation (the switch on the stick moves when you hit PB3) not the function.

Since this was apparently not clear, and the thread was moved- I made this video to showcase the issue (Watch the stick inside the cockpit. The weapon select switch moves back as I hit PB3. This is, as far as I know- the only moving switch on the stick ATM):

I understand the confusion, but this thread really belongs in the bugs subforum. This is not a controller issue.

Edited by BarTzi

I confirm: clicking the right DDI's PB3 in the cockpit makes the weapon select key move aft as if I wanted to select the gun in A/A mode. That's about the only animation I can see on the stick. However, in A/A mode it does not select the gun nor anything else.

It's not a control binding issue as I have not activated any button; just clicked in the cockpit with my mouse. For that reason it cannot be caused by a double-binding. Even so, I checked and verified that there is no double.binding.

Conclusion: It's certainly a bug. But it's only visual and does not cause any issue other than mild confusion if you happen to look at the stick while you click the PB3, which seems unlikely. I wouldn't even see it as my stick is normally hidden. So, while it is a bug, it has no adverse effect and does not, in my opinion, deserve any level of priority.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5