Persian Gulf - Static Templates

Eight Ball

where could I find templates like this for Caucus or NTTR?

On this other thread I shared some for the Caucasus:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221516

:)

I must admit that this recent development by ED (the Static Templates) has eased considerably the job of editing Missions, creating a nice mission is now almost a game into a game :D ...

... let's hope that they expand the concept a bit and let us include triggers into the template, that would be perfect.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

That was the issue!!!!!!

I was creating a new mission from scracht lacking the correct countries.....

Thanks dolfo!!!

Anyway Eight Ball was so kind to share with me a mission with the template so i was able to test it in the end. Thanks again both.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Exactly that. USAF Aggressors.

I was creating a new mission with countries on red/blue side by default and the blue side has not the USAF Aggresors, thats why the static template was not loaded.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I think we as a group need to ensure what countries are required are listed in the File name

I.E. something like

[PG] Oil_Platforms USA-UAE-Iran.stp

[Cac] Kutaisi_AB USA-Georgia-Poland.stp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I think we as a group need to ensure what countries are required are listed in the File name

I.E. something like

I agree, but I would put such info on the Description field rather than doing it on the

Name. Also on the Description, we can list what Mods the Template needs.

Edit: I will update my Iran’s Template Set, to emphasize that both Iran and Russia must be set into the same Coalition, either Red or Blue (tough I intended to use them for the Red side only) :)

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I agree, but I would put such info on the Description field rather than doing it on the

Name. Also on the Description, we can list what Mods the Template needs.

Also note if the mods necessary break Integrity Check

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Please add UAE airbases templates...

:) today I completed my set of Templates for the airbases of United Arab Emirates, the Bases included are:

• Sharjah Intl
  • Dubai Intl
  • Al Maktoum Intl
  • Al Minhad AB
  • Sirri Island Airfield
  • Al Dahfra AB
  • Tunb Island Airfield
  • Abu Musa Island Airfield
  • Fujairah Airfield
  • Khasab Airfield
  • Sir Abu Nuayr
  • Tunb Kochak Airfield

you can download the set from here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hKkA9B60OaP8Oju_fg

To install, just uncompress on the /Saved Games/DCS/ folder, the templates will go into the /StaticTemplate/ folder

Premises:

- The Templates are intended for Blue Coalition, and the following countries must belong to it (even if you dont intend to use any fighting units from them): USA, UK, Saudi Arabia, UAE.

- The Templates are meant for a modern era setting .. they dont look right in a WW2 era.

This Templates make use of the same VPC Airfield scenery Mod that I used for my prior Templates, if you dont have it yet, you can download it from this other link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hKUyKMYT7aWVqVO9XA

As always, to install just uncompress on /Saved Games/DCS/ folder, the mod will go into /Mods/tech/

As the standard DCS doesnt have NATO soldiers on desert cammo, I also make use of the very nice Suntsag's Mod, please download it from here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223659

The UAE has several large Civil airports, so it was a natural to put some civil aircrafts on their gates, you can download it from here:

https://cam.em-key.de/download-2/

Finally, I used several fine liveries for Saudi warplanes, to put on free parking spots at some bases, you can download them from this link:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hKkBDGY4dSzl6yFEaw

Almost forget ... the smallest airfields have too few parking slots, so I placed FARP helipads to increase their capacity ... but DCS standard green Farp looks ugly on the desert, so I'm making use of another fine Mod from Suntsag, please download it from here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219054

Here are from views that show a bit of these Templates:

B4PdvXz.jpg

kJEGxge.jpg

C4agAev.jpg

tR5rviP.jpg

BsRx6E6.jpg

rtm2puR.jpg

1mJWMyv.jpg

PsPJbGh.jpg

Zbptg4O.jpg

KmtQLvV.jpg

24rBkJk.jpg

z7bp89W.jpg

:D

Best regards,

Eduardo

I.E. something like

Good call. I'll also edit the first post to add this info.

smile.gif today I completed my set of Templates for the airbases of United Arab Emirates, the Bases included are:

Awesome! I'll add it to the first post later today :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
They look great. Is there a simple way to change all these objects to blue coalition?

At least in the case of my templates, you can do that by arranging the countries on the Coalition screen, when creating your missions.

For the iranian airbases, just put Iran (and russia) on the Blue coalition. For the UAE airbases, put USA, UAE, UK and Saudi Arabia on the Blue side.

I will be updating my PG templates soon, as after next Wendsday's update we should have more airbases on the Map :D

Cheers.

The situation is, I already have a mission where the aggressors are red, and need the assets to be blue.

The AI will shoot at the refugee camp.

We need a second version of the aggressors to tell the truth.....

If there's any way for you to export a blue version as well, that would be most welcome, as during campaigns some of these airfields will change hands inevitably. The refugee camp is nothing short of amazing.

Thank you Rudel_chw for your hard work here.

Edited by fargo007

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

The situation is, I already have a mission where the aggressors are red, and need the assets to be blue.

The AI will shoot at the refugee camp.

If there's any way for you to export a blue version as well, that would be most welcome, as during campaigns some of these airfields will change hands inevitably. The refugee camp is nothing short of amazing.

Actually, that Refugee Camp is the creation of @EigthBall :)

... I highly doubt that he would do a blue version, as you would have to hand-edit all the template's units ... and the Mission Editor is a pain in the ass at changing the country of a unit, as doing so usually changes the unit's class (infantry gets changed to armor, for example) and type (insurgent troop gets changed into an APC, for example) :(

Thank you Rudel_chw for your hard work here.

You are welcome, tough I only made some templates, again we owe @EightBall the idea of giving all these PG Templates a home and an index on this thread ... hopefully ED will add a "Static Template" type to their User's Files repository, instead of having to trust on Google Drive or OneDrive :)

Best regards

Well my bad on that - Thanks @EightBall!

I was able to get this accomplished by editing the stm file directly.

I swapped the country away from the Aggressors to the USA, and vice versa. There are only a few things missing from it. It's probably not going to be very useful to many but if any one is interested ping me and I'll send.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Ah sorry, I've been a bit busy and forgot to pay attention to this thread. Also it seems my previous update to the first post did not went live. I'll fix that tonight.

Regarding the coalition issue, you can download the coalition updater tool, start a new mission in the editor with the countries in the appropriate coalitions for the template, load the static template and then swap said countries around and save the template with a new name. It should do the trick. I'll do it myself and update the first post ASAP

Edited by Eight Ball

Should be fantastic to have two Aggressors at the same time, one for the red side and one for the blue side.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... start a new mission in the editor with the countries in the appropriate coalitions for the template, load the static template and then swap said countries around and save the template with a new name. It should do the trick.

Dont think it will do .. the problem is that this person is already using on his mission the "Agressors" country as Red ... what he needs is to change the country of the Template's units to some other country that he can then put on the Blue side :)

Yeah, the agressors is often used when a very wide variety of enemy AI objects is required.

I wonder - could we just as easily create our own version of the aggressors to stand on the other side of the aisle by simply adding all the possible units to one of the never used countries?

This should be doable by mods in db_countries.lua alone.

The goal here is to have two countries that have access to everything standing in opposite coalitions.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I wonder - could we just as easily create our own version of the aggressors to stand on the other side of the aisle by simply adding all the possible units to one of the never used countries?

This should be doable by mods in db_countries.lua alone.

Hello,

I would avoid editing the db_countries database, as it impairs the use of the Template on Multiplayer Missions.

Also, it's already a burden (for the template users) to gather the diverse Mods that any given Template uses, to on top of that having to alter DCS' core files :(

Best regards.

It's easy, plus the templates and statics no one really cares what country they belong to. I added all to Iran with a few lines. It makes mission design and building less restrictive. There are a few "special" units that are outside the core units (like Chinese pack) who wont play nicely with this. I use all your templates successfully.

function merge_all_units_to_IRAN()
   local IRAN = country:get("IRAN")
   for i,o in pairs(country.by_country) do
       if o ~= IRAN then
           merge_unit_list_coutry(o,IRAN)
       end
   end
end
merge_all_units_to_IRAN()

Hello,

I would avoid editing the db_countries database, as it impairs the use of the Template on Multiplayer Missions.

Also, it's already a burden (for the template users) to gather the diverse Mods that any given Template uses, to on top of that having to alter DCS' core files :(

Best regards.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *