About Thrusmaster Joysticks

Top Jockey

A minor correction on the products:

- 3 in 1 Professional White Lithium Grease

- SKF bearing grease (with lithium)

- Decathlon 03 Grease (with Teflon)

Are the plastics gimbal safe with lithium grease or should i go with the teflon grease ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Instead of the above I ended up buying in an hobby shop (and not hardware store):

- Ultimate Racing Differential Silicone Oil 15.000.

It's supposed to be pure silicone, and it seamed to me to have enough viscosity to keep at the desired spots at gimbal.

What do you to think ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

I used a Boron Grease from Tamiya iniatally, it woorked great but was not long lasting

The Nyogel IMHO is definately the solution to getting a stiction free and long lasting solution

Probably part of it evaporated with the time.

I'll try with the silicone oil and see how it goes.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

I cleaned all TM grease from my TWCS and put a bit of Nyogel 767a on the rails and is close to perfect, that was about a year ago. Still need to do this for my Warthog. Somtimes after a period of rest i still get a minuscule stiction going on on the initial power adjustment. Not really sure whether the issue is whith Nyogel, maybe a need to take a look the rail mechanism again. I kinda feel it might be a bit too loose and thus sometimes get stuck on an angle or so. But overall, Nyogel gives a really nice, smooth and heavy feel to the throttle.

The t.16000m really doesn't need it, but you are correct that there is some quite distinct and annoying centre play. What i did; i added a flat 1-1.5mm thick plastic ring to the gimbal on the inside pushing the gimbal upwards a bit, thus eliminating and play. I don't have any deadzone configured and there is not drift or anything, though i needed to check my TM driver settings to be absolutely sure about this, i did this a quite a while ago when i opened it to cut the wire to the green off centre led.

I cleaned all TM grease from my TWCS and put a bit of Nyogel 767a on the rails and is close to perfect, that was about a year ago. Still need to do this for my Warthog. Somtimes after a period of rest i still get a minuscule stiction going on on the initial power adjustment. Not really sure whether the issue is whith Nyogel, maybe a need to take a look the rail mechanism again. I kinda feel it might be a bit too loose and thus sometimes get stuck on an angle or so. But overall, Nyogel gives a really nice, smooth and heavy feel to the throttle.

The t.16000m really doesn't need it, but you are correct that there is some quite distinct and annoying centre play. What i did; i added a flat 1-1.5mm thick plastic ring to the gimbal on the inside pushing the gimbal upwards a bit, thus eliminating and play. I don't have any deadzone configured and there is not drift or anything, though i needed to check my TM driver settings to be absolutely sure about this, i did this a quite a while ago when i opened it to cut the wire to the green off centre led.

Hello,

Nice to read you report, and thank you for confirming the center play with the T.16000M.

Ingenious solution yours, although I probably won't be having that work, but I'll surelly lube the gimbal parts with silicone oil.

When it eventually becomes too much a sloppy product, I've mentalized myself to acquire a Virpil.

Although from long ago the TM Cougar / Warthog were a dream... stuff like plastic gimbals don't suit well for such a price range.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system