Updated Su-25 A & T Flight Models. Update Basic 3D Models

terminator363

It would be awesome to get the A & T up to speed with the rest of the PFM group. Su-25s are really in need of a cockpit retexture like the MiG 29 PFM to cut glare. Including rain drops. Su-25T is in need of a reskin on the outside also, current skins and textures are the most outdated in the game.

Would love to see UB 32 rocket launcher 3D model upgraded and Su-25 drop tanks model updated. Please shine some light on this as the Su-25T is the first impression new players will have in DCS.

Edited by terminator363

Happy Bug Hunting!

Many years ago this was indeed my first impression of Flaming Cliffs.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Su-25 doesn't have a PFM?

It's an AFM, like the A-10A. Difference between it and PFM is minimal imo. It handles on the ground and in the air as you would expect, which is the important thing. The flight model is fine.

The 3d model and textures are in dire need of an update, though. The Su-25T has about 35k polys vs 150-300k for most stuff. Some of the underwing equipment (ESPECIALLY the jammer pods) are severely dated, too. It also has some old glitchy animations.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I think the MAC add on/upgrade might take care of this whenever that is released. I haven't really kept up to date with MAC but I'd assume the Su-25 will be included and get a graphical and possibly systems update... At least I hope, next to the flanker the Su-25 is the only other FC3 module I really ever fly.

I think the MAC add on/upgrade might take care of this whenever that is released. I haven't really kept up to date with MAC but I'd assume the Su-25 will be included and get a graphical and possibly systems update... At least I hope, next to the flanker the Su-25 is the only other FC3 module I really ever fly.

So how exactly does the MAC update work? Has there been a release date? I'm not certain but it sounds to me that ED will pull FC3 and replace it with MAC.. I wonder what conditions they are trying to reach for completion.

Happy Bug Hunting!

I find it interesting the UB32 rockets from the Mig-21 weren't included for the Su-25! The performance of the rockets are also somewhat different. I assume MAC should sort this out.

As for the flight model - I'm sure the PFM would be quite noticeably different from the AFM... I'd love it but I doubt they have the resources. We can still dream though.

don't forget the Su-25TM,

so all was Su-25A, Su-25T and Su-25TM.

for very long time Su-25TM is still not flyable, interesting to see how was Kopyo pod work.

I don't think ED should medle with experimental technologies that much. Obviously improve the 3D model but too small of a niche to make it flyable. Would be a waste of resources.

Happy Bug Hunting!