Vintage era airplane with nazi insignia crashes on California highway

Worrazen

I don't remember seeing a swastika on the aircraft. Did I miss something?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

You didnt .. I doubt that the aircraft had one, as it's prohibited on most countries (not sure about the US) ... probably the OP is confusing the Balkenkreuz with a swastika.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Incase that CBS video direct link doesn't work:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/plane-crash-on-101-freeway-california-today-2018-10-23-live-updates/

I don't remember seeing a swastika on the aircraft. Did I miss something?

I've been hunting "plane lands on highway" videos for quite some time and ...

After many years of these phenomena not happening, they seemed to start again, there was like 3 others this year in US that I remember, and one was just like a week ago so you might be mixing it with that one which was on Interstate 8, but this one was 101 Freeway.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/california/Airplane-Lands-on-Interstate-8-San-Diego-498043921.html

They're actually training pilots that freeways are preffered alternate landing locations, this may have been going on for a while I just didn't knew about it before I guess, or it could be a more recent training protocol.

I've been thinking for years that FAA has to make some kind of standardization and formally recognize and provide help regarding freeway landings, they could even come up with some kind of procedures and other guidelines, like even includng such incidents in car license training and teaching the drivers what to look for: I was thinking of some kind of special downward and back light action and proper angled lights that would be activated on the airplane to warn the car drivers. The biggest problem is the drivers totally oblivious and keep driving forward, not creating enough space for the landing.

Because the aircraft could be faster than the traffic ahead, some kind of additional indication should be done to let drivers know to more properly, because, the lights that would be angled backward, would be different, telling drivers to stop, and the ones who shouldn't stop should see different kind of light action pattern, including color.

When airplanes land without engine power they probably have a different descent angle, but this system should be more dynamic incase the speed is higher and the angle would be different, these lights could be linked to the sensors (separate backup ones?) so the lights angle would be able to rotate and adjust automatically, it may also need precise ground proximity sensor too.

The other questions is, how to make it work on so small aircraft, if you need an actual pattern, you need more lights in various places, needs to be small and cheap enough as well as an addon that could be installed without having reconstruction of the whole aircraft.

You didnt .. I doubt that the aircraft had one, as it's prohibited on most countries (not sure about the US) ... probably the OP is confusing the Balkenkreuz with a swastika.

Not me, I just repeated the sources, I would have corrected if I realized, maybe they rushed to conclusion.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

To be fair, the original video didn't mention a swastika but 'Nazi-era insignia', which the WW2 Luftwaffe Balkenkreuz pretty much is. If they went with the all-historic paintscheme the actual swastika would be on the tail and thus is missing from the plane there.

It's not illegal here, and you would most likely see one on a historically restored aircraft. That said, the hakenkreuz was typically on the tail which the pilot appears to have misplaced somewhere....

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

To be fair, the original video didn't mention a swastika but 'Nazi-era insignia', which the WW2 Luftwaffe Balkenkreuz pretty much is. If they went with the all-historic paintscheme the actual swastika would be on the tail and thus is missing from the plane there.

You're correct, but then you could say the same about a Mustang or Spitfire.

Just the usual sensationalist media.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

You're correct, but then you could say the same about a Mustang or Spitfire.

Nazi era airplane with vintage insignia? Yup, sounds about right for sensationalist media. ;)

Edit Most importantly though, it seems no one was badly injured in that accident.

Edited by Yurgon