I was Robbed??

Silversmith

How come your Aim 120 C hit the missile. R73 is an infrared guided missile with almost zero radar signature while 120c is a radar guided missile. It can track Airplane but no missile.

It seems to be a pure co incidence. If so, the possibilities DCS team have created are nothing less than AWSOME.

maybe the AI pilot of the Mig29 had deliberately targeted the aim120 and was too close to the resulting explosion? Does the R73 explode before hitting its target or does to explode on impact? If it's the former, then the resulting "ball" of high speed fragments wouldn't discriminate between targets and might explain why the kill was attributed to the R73.

Excellent modelling either way

AI shooting down friendlies happens.

I got killed in my Hornet recently while enganging a pair of MiG29s head on. All of a sudden I wa blown out of the sky. At first I thought me idiot lost SA (as usual..) and didn‘t realize there were more enemies going after me as I was sure the missile or whatever killed me did definitely not come from ‚my‘ MiGs... I learned in the mission log then that I was shot down by a Phoenix fired from a Tomcat miles behind me and obviously attacking the same MiG29 I was going after... Bad luck I guess...

How come your Aim 120 C hit the missile. R73 is an infrared guided missile with almost zero radar signature while 120c is a radar guided missile. It can track Airplane but no missile.

It seems to be a pure co incidence. If so, the possibilities DCS team have created are nothing less than AWSOME.

Afaik you have always been able to target missiles. That said, this was coincidence.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Targetting something is entirely different to hitting something. It's almost certainly a coincidence. Since using a tool like TacView is the only way to figure it out, it's anybody's guess how often such things happen. It's not like it makes much of a difference in the end result, really.

Targetting something is entirely different to hitting something. It's almost certainly a coincidence. Since using a tool like TacView is the only way to figure it out, it's anybody's guess how often such things happen. It's not like it makes much of a difference in the end result, really.

No, it's exactly like every other time you fire on something : it depends on range and aspect.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

No, it's exactly like every other time you fire on something : it depends on range and aspect.

Well, yes. And while he of course in true glorious Soviet fashion managed the quickest radar lock and firing ever, since this was all intentional, he still ended up a shredded piece of debris on the bottom of the sea, so that got him far.