MiG-29G

JOKERACTS

:book:

The current MiG-29G 's cockpit was within East Germany Air Forces of the National People's Army,

I suggest to add two more nation of pre-unification of Germany, the West Germany and East Germany.

use East Germany 's MiG-29G skin as default, because the NATO 's MiG-29G use different cockpit with TACAN system.

the Late JG-73 skin was not very realistic for the current MiG-29G, it's for updated late MiG-29G with late cockpit. :doh:

use East Germany 's MiG-29G skin as default, because the NATO 's MiG-29G use different cockpit with TACAN system.

Then it's not a MiG-29"G", but just a MiG-29 9.12A (pretty much the same thing as 9.12) with a DDR skin.

the Late JG-73 skin was not very realistic for the current MiG-29G, it's for updated late MiG-29G with late cockpit. :doh:

I don't see the new cockpit and systems happening so the easiest "fix" would be to remove the "G" from the game or live with it as it is. The updated cockpit certainly wasn't added immediately post reunification, but then the plane would be like 9.12B configuration (since they removed the datalink and IFF support).

Since we don't have datalink and IFF simulated in the 9.12 anyway, it's still the same thing in the game so an early West German skin for the Fulcrum A would suffice.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

What about the "Take off" mission, where you fly 29A with Polish markings and for Polish nation? Is this correct or should it be G instead? But then again G is for Germany only in game.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

What about the "Take off" mission, where you fly 29A with Polish markings and for Polish nation? Is this correct or should it be G instead? But then again G is for Germany only in game.

AFAIK Polend has their original Mig-29A's as well as the former German Mig-29G's

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

:book:

The current MiG-29G 's cockpit was within East Germany Air Forces of the National People's Army,

I suggest to add two more nation of pre-unification of Germany, the West Germany and East Germany.

Imho there should at least be a dedicated Mig-29G Cockpit

yes, for dedicated and it's better to keep the old MiG-29G cockpit as well, it's good for East Germany.

now, how can MiG-29G can arm with R-27ER and R-27ET? is that was bug? :D

As far as i know are the G´s massively restricted in loadout... I think you can only equip with R60M and R73...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

As far as i know are the G´s massively restricted in loadout... I think you can only equip with R60M and R73...

The G was at least equipped with the R-27R - there are several pics out there

Mig_29_firing_AA-10.JPG

As far as i know they can carry the R-27R and R-27T, i haven't found any pics of the G equipped with an R-27T but I am sure Alfa has more sufficiant info on that

As far as i know they can carry the R-27R and R-27T, i haven't found any pics of the G equipped with an R-27T but I am sure Alfa has more sufficiant info on that

I might be wrong, but I don't recall the 9.12 being capable of using the R-27T; that capability came with the 9.13 as far as I know.

Don't remember the real reason, probably some WCS limitation (e.g. I remember reading that the initial standard couldn't use mixed R-60 and R-73 loadout as the WCS supported only one short range A2A type or something).

Not sure if there were some mods later on to add the capability to 9.12's?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

No the armament of the MiG-29G is the same as for the standard 9.12 - the German modifications did not involve the combat aspect.

So in terms of air-to-air armament, its compatible with the R-27R, R-73 and R-60.

JJ

I might be wrong, but I don't recall the 9.12 being capable of using the R-27T; that capability came with the 9.13 as far as I know.

Don't remember the real reason, probably some WCS limitation (e.g. I remember reading that the initial standard couldn't use mixed R-60 and R-73 loadout as the WCS supported only one short range A2A type or something).

Not sure if there were some mods later on to add the capability to 9.12's?

No the armament of the MiG-29G is the same as for the standard 9.12 - the German modifications did not involve the combat aspect.

So in terms of air-to-air armament, its compatible with the R-27R, R-73 and R-60.

Perfect, thanks for the clarification guys :thumbup:

I might be wrong, but I don't recall the 9.12 being capable of using the R-27T;

No you are not wrong :) .

.. that capability came with the 9.13 as far as I know.

Possibly, but I am not sure about that. I know that the R-27T as well as "long burn" versions(R-27ER and R-27ET) were integrated along with the R-77 on the MiG-29S, but thats the 9.13S and differs from the standard 9.13 exactly by its modified WCS/radar.

JJ

Silly question perhaps, but how was the weapon type changed on the 9.12?

I don't recall seeing any command for that on the throttle, hence why I presume there was some limitation regarding the WCS.

E.g. in close combat modes, the selected missile type would be R-60 or R-73 (and it would only support a single type) and in the BVR mode it would be the R-27R.

I suppose the same goes for the air to ground weapons where it's possible to choose the salvo size only (IIRC, there was such a selector on those WCS panels), not the actual weapon type. There is probably some default order in which the pylons are fired if half salvo mode is selected (e.g. you have 4 bombs on 4 pylons, if half salvo mode is selected, 2 would be dropped with each press of the button from opposite pylons obviously). Not sure how it worked if MER's were carried, if there was possible to define some salvo number or the full rack was released.

In that case, it would seem rather unlikely it was possible to carry a mixed loadout, e.g. 2 bombs and 2 rocket pods as how would the WCS handle these then?

Regarding the 9.13, yes, I meant the 9.13S which supported the new weapon types, sorry. And of course, the T types were supported by the export variants derived from it (SE I guess, not sure about SD).

Edited by Dudikoff

Silly question perhaps, but how was the weapon type changed on the 9.12?

I don't recall seeing any command for that on the throttle, hence why I presume there was some limitation regarding the WCS.

E.g. in close combat modes, the selected missile type would be R-60 or R-73 (and it would only support a single type) and in the BVR mode it would be the R-27R.

But, what about air to ground weapons then? How would you chose between the types? I didn't really notice any stores management panel.

Good question :D - to be honest I haven't really thought about it. There is a switch that changes between air-air and air-ground, but how to select individual types I don't know - something to investigate :)

JJ

The G was at least equipped with the R-27R - there are several pics out there

Maybe in RL, but in DCS you can only load the 2 missiles mentioned above... i´d also like to have the others, but there´s no way for DCS´s G-Model... :-(

Edit: Found that the inner weaponstations can be equipped with the more advanced AA-Load... :-)

Edited by Ragnar65

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Doing some research i think i´ve found the button on the throttle.

First: In the Su-27 there are a button to select external stores labeled " ВЫБОР ПОДВЕСОК ", that means Suspension Selection.

5Zpl2Y22.jpg.3e7c1c247feb94fc095c3fec2e6f2680.jpg

Then i was searching for something similar in the Mig-29 throttle and i´ve found this:

1_127.JPG

As you can see, below the Airbrake slider there are a button labeled B.П. that fits the same " ВЫБОР ПОДВЕСОК "

But this wasnt enough for me so, searching a little more i´ve found this.

post-67452-0-87065000-1480604917.jpg

Here is labeled exactly like the Su-27 " ПОДВЕСКИ " that means SUSPENSIONS. I cant read the word below with the left and right arrows but i can suggest that is marking the suspensions selection from outer to inner or from inner to outer.

Maybe im wrong but i think everything fits quite well. For example ВНУТРЕННИЙ means inward and ВНЕШН means Outward so i think they are two words "ВНУТР.ВНЕШН"

On DCS the button is there but no labels.

DEVRiM_MiG-29_CompleteEnglishCockpitMod_5.jpg

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

It also can be Выброс Помех :) chaff/flare dispense. Why I think so? Because there is a switch above the throttles that say IIRC Подвески Внутр. Внеш. I just can't show it right now because I'm not at home.

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

:doh: )) forgot that I've brought my laptop with myself ) so, yeah, near the parachute button, there is a 2 (or maybe 3) way switch labeled Подвески Внутр. Внешн. :) Then the one on the throttles should be countermeasures

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

Nice find!

So, there's a switch to toggle between inboard and outboard pylons.

I guess that would swap between the R-27R and the short range missiles (R-60M or R73) and in the air to ground mode it would swap between the two air to ground pylon pairs (as I guess the two outmost ones are only for short range air to air missiles).

That solves my question, thanks.

Now, if only some manuals on 9.13S (or SE) would appear to see what's added there :)

Vatikus is just right. XDDDD

It was there all this time, next to the parachute release button.

The actual layout of the Mig-29 is like that, countermeasures on the throttle and the pylon selector on the left upper side.

Maybe the throttle pic i´ve posted is for an earlier Mig-29 version before the countermeasures where fitted on the fuselage.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Maybe the throttle pic i´ve posted is for an earlier Mig-29 version before the countermeasures where fitted on the fuselage.

Hardly, because how would you know which pylons are selected? There's no stores indicator like on e.g. Su-27 which thus can have a toggle button for this.