MiG-29G

JOKERACTS

Well, those are separate modules and this one is just MiG-29. It's not called "MiG-29G" which is kind of a relic from Lock On. I guess it won't be acceptable so it will simply be removed from the game when MAC comes out :)

Well I am seriously out of the loop concerning the sim - I haven't got a PC capable of running current versions of DCS. But isn't there still 3 variants of the MiG-29 in FC-3?.

But, you're right about the community cockpit mod, they can only change textures, of course.

Yes and with the high-fidelity 3D pits, you cannot do this by textures alone :) .

240 is the maximum reference I've seen and the most often quoted one, though some sources claimed less (from 75 liters to 240). Still, that's like what? 5% increase?

I cannot remember the exact number - IIRC tank no. 1 was increased in size from some 650L of the 9.12 to around 900L, so 240L might be right. The 75 liters is clearly a mistake and I think I know the cause - i.e. that someone converted the liters to gallons and then someone else thought "hey it must be liters because the Russians don't use gallons" etc....well you know the internet :) .

Regarding the jammer, there were some rumors that it wasn't really that reliable, but of course, no reliable information.

No and besides, even if there were problems with it at some point, it doesn't mean that it remained so.....ECM is the sort of equipment that tends to be continuously upgraded(even if it always worked as it should).

On the other hand, it was retained on the MiG-29M IIRC which I presume wouldn't be the case if it was useless.

Thats where it came from - it was developed for the MiG-29M :) .

Not sure if any of the 9.13SE export customers bought the export version of the jammer? I'd presume these were removed from those Moldovan 9.13's (together with IFF systems and nuclear bomb panels) that were sold to US in the end.

Yes I think so - I remember talking to a former Romanian MiG-29 technician, who said that the Romanian airforce got one 9.13 from Moldova as a present - they were very interested in the jammer, but when they looked inside, it had been removed and replaced by a counter weight.

I've seen a photo with an APU-470 on the mid station, but I guess there are some issues with that location since it wasn't introduced operationally.

I have seen R-27 on middle wing stations mentioned on a Ukrainian website(think it was the Ukrainian arms export agency), but I have never seen it on an actual aircraft.

If I had to guess, there might be stability issues with asymmetrical loadout (e.g. when one missile is fired) as the plane already doesn't handle such a situation on the inboard pylons very well.

Don't know :)

Having the fuel tanks there wouldn't present such issues, but such weight might be too much to handle for those stations.

I would think so - the tank itself weighs 83 kg, the suspension adapter 59 kg and the fuel contained in the tank some 920 kg.....so over a ton in total.

But, OK, the problem was solved with the 9.13S and R-77 missiles..

Yes thats another advantage of the R-77.

..somewhat or the SMT modification (though, the original proposal with new wings with two extra stations was even better).

Yes but I think that proposal was somewhat contradictory to the philosophy of a cost effective upgrade.

It's a shame that Soviet Union didn't last somewhat longer, as some much improved variants might have had entered service even in limited numbers (the original MiG-29M, Su-27M, MiG-31M, Yak-41, etc.).

Yeah and the MiG-29K without that silly twin canopy on the single seat version :D

Edited by Alfa

JJ

I have a book, “encyclopedia of military aircraft” by Paul Eden published. 2004, the end of the paragraph that’s cutoff says the figure is based off one reliability of official sources

Well that fits exactly with the 240L extra.

In the 9.12 tank no. 1 holds 650 liters, so expanding it with another 240 liters means that tank no.1 in the 9.13 has a capacity of 890 liters. :)

Not sure why the author seems to think that it corresponds to an increase of "110 -180 liters".

JJ

Well I am seriously out of the loop concerning the sim - I haven't got a PC capable of running current versions of DCS. But isn't there still 3 variants of the MiG-29 in FC-3?.

Yes, of course, but IIRC, it wasn't mentioned in the MAC announcement so it might get scrubbed.

I cannot remember the exact number - IIRC tank no. 1 was increased in size from some 650L of the 9.12 to around 900L, so 240L might be right. The 75 liters is clearly a mistake and I think I know the cause - i.e. that someone converted the liters to gallons and then someone else thought "hey it must be liters because the Russians don't use gallons" etc....well you know the internet :) .

Yeah, that makes sense. But, again, it's only pushing a 5% increase, hence why I said it's almost in a realm of 'why bother'.

Thats where it came from - it was developed for the MiG-29M :) .

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Well, for what it's they didn't opt to replace it with extra fuel.

Yes I think so - I remember talking to a former Romanian MiG-29 technician, who said that the Romanian airforce got one 9.13 from Moldova as a present - they were very interested in the jammer, but when they looked inside, it had been removed and replaced by a counter weight.

Yeah, that makes sense. They didn't sell it to the NK, but it would be interesting to know if anyone bought the export variant of the jammer with their SE's (like e.g. Peru).

I would think so - the tank itself weighs 83 kg, the suspension adapter 59 kg and the fuel contained in the tank some 920 kg.....so over a ton in total.

Yeah, and it carries a single 500 kg bomb there, so a ton is probably too much for it.

Yes but I think that proposal was somewhat contradictory to the philosophy of a cost effective upgrade.

Probably, as IIRC Yefim Gordon's book claimed that the factory complained about the required mods on a cost-to-benefit ratio (though I think it stated they mainly complained on the removal of the auxiliary intakes given the amount of work required and not so much fuel gained there).

Yeah and the MiG-29K without that silly twin canopy on the single seat version :D

Yeah, hence why I said "the original MiG-29M" as there are new M1/M2 and the 35 derived from that ugliness. As a plus side, perhaps the rearward visibility is somewhat improved for the pilot, but it still looks silly and pretty ugly IMHO. Though, I dig the SMT looks with that huge tank on the back (well, two tanks to be exact), so I guess it's rather subjective.

The original M/K variants were as bad ass as the MiG-29 variants can go, I think, though I remember reading that during testing of the Su-27M, they weren't really happy regarding the load on the pilot during strike missions, hence why they went with two pilots later on.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Yes, of course, but IIRC, it wasn't mentioned in the MAC announcement so it might get scrubbed.

Ah ok - well I don't know anything about that.

Yeah, that makes sense. But, again, it's only pushing a 5% increase, hence why I said it's almost in a realm of 'why bother'.

Well I think it was just a matter of squeezing in whatever amount they could without having to make major changes to the airframe.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Well, for what it's they didn't opt to replace it with extra fuel.

There was no need for that - the (much)extra internal fuel was achieved by the re-design of the FOD system.

Yeah, that makes sense. They didn't sell it to the NK, but it would be interesting to know if anyone bought the export variant of the jammer with their SE's (like e.g. Peru).

Don't know anything about that - sorry :)

Probably, as IIRC Yefim Gordon's book claimed that the factory complained about the required mods on a cost-to-benefit ratio (though I think it stated they mainly complained on the removal of the auxiliary intakes given the amount of work required and not so much fuel gained there).

Well on the MiG-29M most ot the extra internal fuel capacity was down the removal of the over-wing auxiliary intakes - tank no. 1 grew to some 1710 liters(!) - i.e. almost twice the size of the one in the 9.13.....and no hump :) . The rest was down to larger internal wing tanks(from 650L to 800L) and tanks 3A(300L to 530L) + an extra tank 3b(130L).

Yeah, hence why I said "the original MiG-29M" as there are new M1/M2 and the 35 derived from that ugliness. As a plus side, perhaps the rearward visibility is somewhat improved for the pilot, but it still looks silly and pretty ugly IMHO.

Yeah agree - its fine for the two-seater and certainly much better than that initially proposed stepped canopy arrangement(like on the MiG-25) :wacko:, but the old single seater looked much better IMHO.

Though, I dig the SMT looks with that huge tank on the back (well, two tanks to be exact), so I guess it's rather subjective.

Seriously?! :D

The original M/K variants were as bad ass as the MiG-29 variants can go, I think, though I remember reading that during testing of the Su-27M, they weren't really happy regarding the load on the pilot during strike missions, hence why they went with two pilots later on.

Well I guess dividing the tasks between two crew members helps :)

Edited by Alfa

JJ

German voice warnings and other equipment modifications(graphic representation).

Is it possible to change the voice language when flying a Russian fighter like the Mig 29? I dont mean just the cockpit voice, but also the voice of your pilot and your wingmen. I am interested in switching the voice language to German, English or some language from the Near East like Persian or Iraqi.

Is it possible to change the voice language when flying a Russian fighter like the Mig 29? I dont mean just the cockpit voice, but also the voice of your pilot and your wingmen. I am interested in switching the voice language to German, English...

Well its been a very long time since I have been doing any modding, so I don't know the structure of the current sim version. But I could imagine that you could find the sound files and replace them with your own recordings.

...or some language from the Near East like Persian or Iraqi.

That would be Farsi or arabic I think :smartass:

JJ

I could find the soundfiles now, but I am not sure how to set up the Lua files or whatever is needed for modifying the language setting of the Russian airplanes.

Anyway I really hope some modders or even ED themself will add more languages and voices to them.

Is it possible to change the voice language when flying a Russian fighter like the Mig 29? I dont mean just the cockpit voice, but also the voice of your pilot and your wingmen. I am interested in switching the voice language to German, English or some language from the Near East like Persian or Iraqi.

Currently you can switch to english radio voices simply in DCS options - or if you have it set to default (native) - it changes depending on the country.

As for other sounds and languages ask in the mods forum.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 1 month later...
The G isn’t even mentioned in MAC announcement. Not sure if they’ll continue to support it

MAC is an other game inside DCS for arcade player (I hate it )

FC3 had 10 planes and dont become change, because there are 2 differents packs..

FC3 PACK:

1) Su-25

2) Su-25T (FREE)

3) Su-27

4) Su-33

5) MiG-29A

6) MiG-29G

7) MiG-29S

8) A-10A

9) F-15C

10) J-11A

MAC PACK:

1) Su-25

2) Su-25T (FREE)

3) Su-27

4) Su-33

5) MiG-29A

6) MiG-21bis ARCADE VERSION

7) MiG-29S

8) A-10A

9) F-15C

10) F-86F ARCADE VERSION

11) F-5E ARCADE VERSION

12) J-11A

13) L-39ZA ARCADE VERSION

14) MiG-15bis ARCADE VERSION

I know some people buy the MiG-29 Pack only for the G variant !!!

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well when they release MAC they will stop selling FC3, as MAC was renamed from FC4

MAC will be independent/ standalone game that will not be connected to DCS, it will be an arcade-simplified game.

It will use DCS engine but will be a completeley different-indepentend game :thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

MAC will be independent/ standalone game that will not be connected to DCS, it will be an arcade-simplified game.

It will use DCS engine but will be a completeley different-indepentend game :thumbup:

Not sure of that, for my understanding MAC is a module for DCS WOLRD with a 14 aircrafts pack, but NOT a different game !?

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My statements are based on WAG'S interview on PCPilot magazine , so I could be wrong , on the interview it's stated MAC will not be connected to DCS but recently Nineline has posted it will be possible to play it either as DCS content or standalone :)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black