RB-15 Mavericks don't work for me in Open Beta

Ramstein

In my Viggen, for the last few months I cannot get the RB-75 Mavericks to work for me in the Open Beta version. In release version they work. I have removed the files for the joystick, keyboards, etc, to have it rebuild files. I have compared files line by line with release version, have copied over release version, and have deleted the Viggen from Open beta, and re-installed it. Nothing fixes the problem. I don't know what else to do.. I have not tested all weapons, but those that I have tested work. No problems in release version of DCS and the Viggen.

Anyone know of anything else I might try?

thanx

:joystick:

btw, I have had the Viggen and flown it since it was released, is that 1 or 2 years? Anyways, have flown it a while now... I saw this problem a few months ago and thought it would eventually get fixed with time and patches...

Edited by Ramstein
Correction of weapon number

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I havent tried on the new Open Beta, but the RB75 was working fine before it. Id assume you have something wrong in your procedures.

What doesnt work? The sight doesnt light up? You cant lock a target through the sight? The weapons wont fire? The weapons wont hit the target?

Run us through your startup and on target procedures, as that will help us help you figure out where the issue lies.

TJ

I havent tried on the new Open Beta, but the RB75 was working fine before it. Id assume you have something wrong in your procedures.

What doesnt work? The sight doesnt light up? You cant lock a target through the sight? The weapons wont fire? The weapons wont hit the target?

Run us through your startup and on target procedures, as that will help us help you figure out where the issue lies.

TJ

in the release version, in either user made missions, or practice missions that came with the Viggen, the RB-75 work, period. In the OB version, the RB-75 will not lock in the crosshairs, and thus will not fire. The crosshairs do not open and close and lock a target.

The practice missions with the RB-75, one with enemy tanks, or the practice mission called Beach something,, where you hit ship and targets on a beach. basically with the practice missions you can just set the weapon selector for RB-75, and fix the target to lock it. Not much to do as it is already setup as airstart all that has to be done is select the weapon.

Work just fine in release version. Same as every other weapons. But not so in the OpenBeta.

I uninstalled Openbeta Viggen module, copied over files and folders, compared the file line by line. I give up. I can't do anything else short of nuking the whole computer and starting over. Some file I am unaware of has a problem. I am giving up on this issue. Maybe it will be ok, or when our squad goes back to release version, or I will just not use this weapon. I have a zillion other aircraft to fly.

I am not saying it has a bug, I am just saying something in my computer is porked (only in DCS OpenBeta Viggen module) and I don't know why or where. I just wanted to make that clear.

I don't have any mods installed. I have also ran repair for the Viggen module and OpenBeta.

Nothing helped with this issue.

The crosshairs use to open with a large gap, to lock a target with T1 Fix. Then the gap became to a tiny gap during some patches maybe 6 months ago. I think it still worked back then, but shortly after that the issues started.

Oh yeah, tried different versions of the RB-75. Tried 2 instead of 4 on the pylons. Tried only the weapons no extra fuel loaded. No mixing of different weapons.

The Swede's should have bought our F-16's :doh:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

in the release version, in either user made missions, or practice missions that came with the Viggen, the RB-75 work, period. In the OB version, the RB-75 will not lock in the crosshairs, and thus will not fire. The crosshairs do not open and close and lock a target.

The practice missions with the RB-75, one with enemy tanks, or the practice mission called Beach something,, where you hit ship and targets on a beach. basically with the practice missions you can just set the weapon selector for RB-75, and fix the target to lock it. Not much to do as it is already setup as airstart all that has to be done is select the weapon.

Work just fine in release version. Same as every other weapons. But not so in the OpenBeta.

I uninstalled Openbeta Viggen module, copied over files and folders, compared the file line by line. I give up. I can't do anything else short of nuking the whole computer and starting over. Some file I am unaware of has a problem. I am giving up on this issue. Maybe it will be ok, or when our squad goes back to release version, or I will just not use this weapon. I have a zillion other aircraft to fly.

I am not saying it has a bug, I am just saying something in my computer is porked (only in DCS OpenBeta Viggen module) and I don't know why or where. I just wanted to make that clear.

I don't have any mods installed. I have also ran repair for the Viggen module and OpenBeta.

Nothing helped with this issue.

The crosshairs use to open with a large gap, to lock a target with T1 Fix. Then the gap became to a tiny gap during some patches maybe 6 months ago. I think it still worked back then, but shortly after that the issues started.

Oh yeah, tried different versions of the RB-75. Tried 2 instead of 4 on the pylons. Tried only the weapons no extra fuel loaded. No mixing of different weapons.

The Swede's should have bought our F-16's :doh:

You do not use T1 fix to lock the target. Use TV fix. This will probably fix your issue. :)

TJ

I have a 2 stage trigger and followed directions, and I probably wrote down the wrong things, but I know it is correct as it works right in release version... plus when and if the Saitek HOTAS doesn't work I can press the keyboard.... and the keys don't work in OB either for the crosshairs and Mavericks.. sorry, keep going around and around and wrote the wrong thing (my bad), getting dizzy,, from explaining, that it isn't me.... like I said works in release version, so the keys are entered correctly. I guess I should have posted photo earlier...

Saitek_Viggen_OB_Mavs_Snap1.jpg.129fb6db77b3fe7ecf096cc83e461b0c.jpg

Edited by Ramstein
fixing mistakes

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Works absolutly fine for me in the Open Beta.

- weapon selector to RB75

- mode selector to ANF

- T1 to activate the crosshair and move it with radar stick left/right...

- TV for lock on

- on my stick, using the 2 stage trigger for trigger safety bracket(hold) and weapon release

RB75 goes off the rail and hits the target.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I have a 2 stage trigger and followed directions, and I probably wrote down the wrong things, but I know it is correct as it works right in release version... plus when and if the Saitek HOTAS doesn't work I can press the keyboard.... and the keys don't work in OB either for the crosshairs and Mavericks.. sorry, keep going around and around and wrote the wrong thing (my bad), getting dizzy,, from explaining, that it isn't me.... like I said works in release version, so the keys are entered correctly. I guess I should have posted photo earlier...

Posting a track file would help in narrowing down the problem.

Uhh. The key binds changed in the open beta (Thanks ED! /sarcasm)

Most likely when you upgrade to OB your key binds are hosed due to EDs update. Check your binds in the sim in the OB, you’ll probably find them jacked.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works as advertised in OB for me.

I use a TMWH. Using two stage trigger on the stick, I utilize the commands

• T1_Fix_Two_stage_trigger_middle_position
  • TV_Fix_Three_position_switch

Here's the TARGET code for the trigger:

MapKeyIO(&Joystick[color=#ffffff],[/color]TG1, Recenter_VR_Headset, T1_Fix_Two_stage_trigger_middle_position);

MapKeyIO(&Joystick[color=#ffffff],[/color]TG2, 0, TV_Fix_Three_position_switch);

This works perfectly.

rb75checklist.thumb.png.7775ca28c4979db4230204823d77e9d8.png

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Maybe it only got all messed up with Saitek.... I don't know... but it's all messed up... all the other aircraft are ok..???

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI