Extend gear during repair

Tailhook

So I took an IR up the butt and resulted in complete loss off electrical and power. Most of the enemy airfield was cleared so I glided back to dead-stick land it with hopes of being able to wait for my team to capture it and repair. I managed to belly land and waited for the capture (15 minutes). Repair started and the moment it dropped my jet to the ground I exploded. I assume this might be an issue with every aircraft (or maybe just non-FC3) but I haven't experimented. It would be nice if the repair would auto extend the gear during repairs so this type of thing won't be a problem again.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BloodyFamousMomItsBoshyTime

P.S.- I've also noticed EVERY single time the electrical gets shot out, the engines cut off after 10 seconds too. Is that realistic with the Hornet? Cause I'd like to still be able to RTB without any electrical like I frequently can do with the Eagle.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

Now there are different levels of implementation of gear down during repair:

Su-25T full:gear+gear handle down

Su-33: gear down only -> nose collapse after finish (with manual gear handle down:success)

F/A-18C: gear handle down only -> damage or explosion after finish (emergency manual gear down do nothing)

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD