TACAN elevation

vctpil

Hi,

I didn't find the answer on the forum, but the TACAN elevation on the DDI HSI/DATA page is not correct.

I made a landing in Creech, elevation is 3144 feet but the TACAN indicate 952 feet. Same with LAS VOR.

Did I missed something ?

Thanks,

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

I didn't notice that, 3144ft = 958m.

So, I get back to the sim, and the DDI page is indicating 958FT. The units set in options is Imperial and changing to Metris does not change anything.

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

You can set the warning thresholds on that page for both your barometric altimeter as well as the radar altimeter (although tbh I don‘t know what the latter is used for since I always use the knob on the radar altimeter itself to set the warning altitude).

The barometric setting on that page is by default set to 5000 ft. This defines the altitude which, as you descend through it, causes bitchin betty to call out „ALTITUDE...ALTITUDE...“ with the corresponding HUD warning as well.

Unlike the radar altimeter warning set on the radar altimeter itself which will contiuously beep at you as long as you are below the threshold, the barometric altitude warning only comes up once each time you descend through it.

Edited by Hog_No32