What is happening with the diff.lua files after latest update?

imacken

Been away for a couple of weeks. I thought that the recent hotfix was going to remove the diff.lua files in the DCS install folder, but they seem to be still there and my bindings are all screwed after I rebound after the previous update.

What is happening here? If I rebind (yet) again, will they stick? Should I delete the ED diff.lua files?

Confused!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

There are some other threads on this but basically if you remapped after the release that added the new defaults then you caused the messed up settings to be saved in your saved games joystick profiles. If you did not remap anything then no changes were saved into your saved games profiles. Once the saves games profiles are changed then they carry over into the next release so removing the new defaults (the hot fix) does not help. You will need to load profiles from backups or from your DCS World released version to avoid having to remap. In some cases people reported that they could not remap and had red settings. In that case you should probably deleted or rename your saved games joystick profile files and let the game generate new ones.

In my case I had remapped my P-41 but not my F-18 so after the the latest fix I had to reload the profiles for the P-41 but did not have to do anything to my F-18.

slyfly

Thanks a lot for that. I did post in another thread but got no reply.

So, what are the diff.lua files in the DCS install folder for? The ones that appeared a couple of updates ago.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box