Is the MiG-29 PFM correct now?

Xtan

That's because "neutral" is not actually centering it. That was and continues to be the issue. If it were truly centered, none of this would be happening because there would be no continual correction required. You're right. The aileron trim thing has been there from the start. Unfortunately it has not yet been fixed.

It's something else, I think.

Resetting the trim (CTRL-T) now works flawlessly - there's not a hint of roll once you reset it (it's still a nightmare trying to do it manually, though).

Engaging L-ALT-7 (transition to level flight) with a neutrally trimmed aircraft nevertheless results in oscillations. They start around 600kp/h and get worse as the speed increases.

Disengaging L-ALT-7 leaves you at the mercy of the oscillations and your aileron trim is wherever the AP left it mid-oscillation - which then requires you reset the trim.

I'm thinking the AP is hunting for a center that might not exist.

Hopefully I’lol have time tomorrow to take a closer look myself. Since the AP doesn’t use Ctrl+T, it might be that the issue continues for the AP.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Personally i like the FM i find it very easy to handle and totally predictable...yes shes a bit twitchy but with good trimming and a light touch she's yet to get away from me when i get ham fisted......i also find the landing very predictable my approach consists of seat of the pants really and visual cues i always approach slightly high,positive trim,speed around 320 once over the threshold at 100agl i reduce power slowly to idle looking at the end of the RNY maintaining gentle back pressure on the stick and she always touches down smoothly with no bounce...the only problems i find are you gotta be real gentle with your control inputs like super gentle more just slight nudges,almost like a chopper just damping out the natural oscillations not sure if this is how it is in reality.......I think they've done a great job and i really enjoy flying this bird a lot still some bugs but nothing that can't be ironed out in time

I think they've done a great job and i really enjoy flying this bird a lot still some bugs but nothing that can't be ironed out in time

:thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

In the real world, can the MiG-29 rotate at 70 knots? :helpsmilie:

Test conditions: No wind, No mount, Full feul, Full bullets, Full flaps.

Edit1: Sorry for my poor english. By rotation I mean the front landing gear is off the ground.

Edit2: Uploaded the video of take off.

No disrespect but I have said this for over 20 odd years..ready ? ..How do you know what any aircraft fly's like if you have never flown an aircraft let alone a Mig 29. We don't have a clue, it's only based on an individuals ignorant perception what THEY think it should fly like.. No harm meant, just let's get real and leave it to people that have the intelligence to work these things out without divulging classified data and making it a military offense. The real FM is out there but I will have to kill you after you found it !!

Mizzy

Originally Posted by Xtan

In the real world, can the MiG-29 rotate at 70 knots?

Test conditions: No wind, No mount, Full feul, Full bullets, Full flaps.

I only had this happen when i landed to refuel and forgot to centre the trim as i use quite a lot of back trim for landing,then when i went to take off it started rotating early......